1) The curb: The first thing home buyers see is the outside of your home.
2) The bathroom: Beyond major renovations, simply replacing towel racks, light fixtures or the sink can make a major difference to potential buyers.
3) Kitchen: The most important thing to buyers about the kitchen is that it appears clean and spacious. Hide the appliances.
4) Sell or store your personal stuff. The idea is to make the home as unemotional or personal as possible and more spacious. Apply Feng Shui. (video bellow)
5) Clean: Get rid of Mold, mildew, leaks, stains etc.
6) Landscape: clean and clutter, put some flowers and colors.
7) The lighting: Tip: On darker days, leave the lights on and the curtains open
8) Smells: cigarette, dogs, etc
9) Obvious repairs like roof, cracks etc.
Landscaping is also a great way to improve the appeal of your home without spending too much money. Weeding, mulching and adding fresh color to flower beds can provide a lot of appeal.
You should repair any items that pose a health or safety issue.
Buyers really like:
Fresh paint(nuetral colors)
Clean carpet or shinny wood floors
Window coverings ( faux wood blinds are nice)
A super plus is appliances. If you can afford it, include new or newer appliances in the sale.
First time buyers will not have extra funds to buy new appliances, so if you can include them in the sale, your home will stand out.
Best of success toyou.
Kawain Payne, Realtor