Here is a list of things to do to your home before you want to put it on the market:
1) Make your curb appeal more appealing. Pull weeds, re-mulch, trim bushes and trees so that don't hide or cover your home, fertilize if your grass is dull, plant some bright flowers to make your landscaping pop.
2) Powerwash and paint the outside of your home and powerwash your patio and pavered driveway if necessary.
3) Remove wallpaper and paint on the inside. Neutralize your color scheme throughout your home.
4) De-clutter as much as possible. Pack away your personal belongings and collections in boxes and put them in a storage unit or your garage.
5) Repair what is broken.
6) Have carpets cleaned or if they are bad shape replace them with an inexpensive floor.
First impressions are very important so do what you can to make your home attractive to buyers.