Miramar123, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

What are my first steps to help my mother-in-law who is under water on her mortgage and needs to move into an assisted living facility?

Asked by Miramar123, Boynton Beach, FL Tue Jul 23, 2013

My mother-in-law purchased a 1 bedroom apartment in Orlando back in 2006. She still owes a lot on her mortgage and is under water...probably by about 100K or more. What can we do to help her? Does she need a realtor to help her with a short sale or foreclosure? What are her options?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Karen Weathe…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi Miramar,
Usually, the first step for a homeowner is to see if they can qualify for a loan modification with the lender. However, since your mother needs to move into an assisted living facility, this may not necessarily be helpful for her since it does not appear she is in a position to keep the home. A short sale may be a good alternative for her depending on her situation and desire. I have closed many successful short sales and I would be willing to walk you through the process of what your mom will need to show to qualify for one. Please feel free to give me a call! Thanks and have a great day!:)
1 vote
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Apopka, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Good morning Miramar, the best solution for your mother-in-law canot be determined without further discussion. The biggest question is............does she want to keep the unit, or get rid of it? The good thing is, there are solutions available for both options, and I can help. As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) I have the knowledge and experience to help your mother-in-law
decide on the option that is best for her. Whatever she chooses, I can assist her with the details and process. Feel comfortable to call or email me directly for a no cost/no obligation consultation.
Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
(407) 864-3139
1 vote
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Lot's of answers from real estate agents, but none from real estate attorneys, which is normal on Trulia. There are lots of law firms that will give you a free first visit. Start with one of them.
0 votes
Miramar123, Home Buyer, Boynton Beach, FL
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Wow, thanks everyone for all of your help and information. I'll be calling some of you to see when you're available to meet with us! I really appreciate all of the feedback!!
0 votes
Helen Weaver, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi Miramar,

Please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist your mother-in-law with her Condo and obtaining resolution.

Helen M. Weaver
Watson Realty Corp.
1950 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Email: hmweaver@watsonrealtycorp.com
407 202 6944 - Cell
407 847 4781 - Office
407 847 5419 - Fax
0 votes
Avi Maganda, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hello Miramar:

I would like to help your Mother-in-Law to sell her condo fast.
Most likely the debt is going to be forgiving by Lender.
I also speak English and Spanish.

Thank you,

Check my websites:

0 votes
Abraham Bidh…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi There:

We have sold numerous short sale successfully so I would love to help your mother-in-law in the process. We have an in-house short sale negotiator that will handle your short sale for you 100% free. Feel free to review my background and recommendation by checking my profile.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 3270
0 votes
Amy Givoni, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
I can help your mother-in-law. We can list the property for sale, and then negotiate a short sale with her lender. Our short sale services are FREE for homeowners. We have been successful in getting homeowners off the hook for the deficiency, as well as, getting homeowners up to $23,000 in relocation assistance. Feel free to visit our websites, to learn more about our services at http://www.amygivoni.com and http://www.shortsaledepartment.com. Or, give us a call and we can explain the process.

Amy Givoni, Broker
Givoni Realty Corp.

MARS Disclosure for General Commercial Communications
Short Sale Department, LLC is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
0 votes
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013

Just give me a call. Our office has over 180+ short sale listings and we would be happy to help. We are very familiar with the process and have systems in place to speed the process and get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.

Elevate your expectations,

Vincent Paige |REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vince@thepremiumproperties.com
0 votes
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Click on the "Find an Agent" Tab above, go to your area and ask a Trulia Pro to help you with the valuation on the apartment.

This will be your first step.
0 votes
user9838837, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Hi, this is sad but I can definitely help you. We need to talk but most probably we are going to short sale the condo. I will take care of the whole negotiating process with the banks for you. I’m SFR: have the qualifications to do it. Please, contact me to discuss this. Thanks, Beatrice
0 votes
Anabella Ter…, Agent, Lake Mary, FL
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Hi Miramar,

Yes, she needs a Realtor to help her with the short sale process, I will love to give you some advise, I'm a full time Realtor and have the experience to handle a short sale, please feel free to give a call 407.797.5139. you can also reach me via email AnabellaTercero@att.net

I look forward to working with you and your mother in law.

Anabella Tercero Okrassa
Z House Realty Group

100% Full Time Bilingual Realtor :)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more