What agent or firm has sold the most houses in zip 27410 over the past 3 years?

Asked by Gso House, Greensboro, NC Sat Nov 20, 2010

Answers

4
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Stop it. This is the WRONG question.

You want to make the most money when you sell, right?"

Then you want to talk with the BEST REALTORS who can get you the BEST Price.

Most Realtors that are successful and "sell the most homes" do not care if one home sells or not. They KNOW that most homes will sell.

IMHO you want a Realtor that will make it their priority to get your home sold., that if it does not sell, it will hurt them. You want a hungry agent that is successful and competent, but not too big.

Interview, ask the same questions, compare proposals, then select the best Realtor with the BEST plan.
Len Montgome…, Agent, High Point, NC
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Hi GSO,

My colleagues both make excellent points. The company that sold the most does not necessarily mean they would be the best fit for you. For example, there are a few agents in some of the larger firms that handle a tremendous number of foreclosures and/or short sales. A great deal more than your average agent handling owner occupied properties. And I can tell you, I believe others will agree, there is a huge difference in the way these properties are marketed and to whom they are marketed.

Some questions i would recommend you ask of agents as you interview (and I would recommend interviewing 3 or more) is:
1. What is your experience?
2. How many homes have you sold in the past 12 months? In this price range?
3. How many of those were your listings? (If they haven't sold a listing of their own, be cautious)
4. What is the average marketing time from list date to contract for your listings? (really important)
5. What is the yield percentage of your listings? (Or, how much is the list price cut?)

And if you are still talking after these questions, ask about a defined marketing plan.

I would welcome the opportunity to answer these questions for you. If i can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. I can be reached thro my website below or here at Trulia.
Web Reference:  http://www.LenMontgomery.com
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Hi, I would like to send a question back to you, Why would you want to know? Just curious about your thinking process?

You and I agree when signing a listing agreement you do so with a brokerage office, BUT you are really working with one individual Realtor, and that person should be someone, you a) trust b) have great communication and relationship with c) someone who is honest and straightforward with you about the market and the value of your home d) someone who may assist or hire a professional stager to stage your home to show the best to potential buyers e) someone who has time to take care of you and your property for showings, marketing and keeping you informed etc. etc.

So to get to my point, it is not about the most it is about the best service for YOU and attention to detail for your home, the marketing advertising and negotiations..... So pick the Agent you feel most comfortable with
just like you would select your family physician, dentist, attorney etc. etc.

Good Luck to you! Find yourself a really good Realtor, who provides you with the services and attention you
deserve!

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourChicago Connection & YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients!
Web Reference:  http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdith
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat Nov 20, 2010
GSO,

This might get a little confusing. Simply put lately there has been a lot of changes in the firms around town. Some firms have merged while others have closed offices and scaled back. To answer your question though because of a recent merger it is between the new company Prudential Yost & Little and Allen Tate. Although it also depends on which side of the transaction you are looking at. Are you asking who the listing agent was with or who had the buyers?

Also agents leave and change firms . One thing you might consider is that in both cases the listing and the buyer's side it is the agent that does most of the work. The company does very little nowadays besides providing a name and a website. The listing agent for that company is the one that will have their own websites, facebook pages, they will be the ones either taking the pictures or paying for a professional photographer to come in and shoot the home. The agents are the ones that prepare the brochures. They are the ones that pay for all the print ads in magazines and newspapers. The firms pay for very little in advertising. So with over 87% of all home buyers looking online you have to think what AGENT not company is going to do the best job for me.

So if you are selling your home I recommend that you interview several agents for the job of selling your home. After all as brokers we work for you. Our job is to get you the most money possible for your home in a timeframe that is suitable for you.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia or through one of my other websites listed below.

Hope this helps,