West Bucktown/Logan Square.. How well have condos been selling?

Asked by Brian Jameson, Miami Shores, FL Mon Apr 7, 2008

I have a 2 Bd, 1 BA, aprox. 800 square ft., 1.5 Blocks to Blue Line. I'm curious what other sellers/agents in this area have been experiencing. Thoughts?

Answers

5
Sarah Ziehr, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Since you are so close to the blue line, you're in a great position. However, buyers who qualify for a loan right now are choosey, so make sure your property is priced right and shows beautifully. I'd be happy to put together a comparative market analysis for your property in order to weigh your options. This will tell you what has sold nearby and for how much. If you are looking to upgrade you may want to consider holding on to your condo and renting it out. Let me know how I can help!

Email me directly - sarahz@innovativepropertyconsultants.com
Andy Ogorzaly, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 26, 2012
This neighborhood is HOT, HOT, HOT! Especially right now. However, since there was so much new construction in the 2000's, many buyers are expecting updated units. But being close to the blue line may be even better than the amenities because so many of my clients ask for that.
Don't Buy, Home Seller, Los Angeles, CA
Wed May 14, 2008
No advertising on here Ron
Ron Knoll, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 14, 2008
I live at Bernard and Wrightwood and see that Logan has held it's value pretty good over the last six months. If priced right and it shows well, the unit should move quickly!

Call me with any questions...
Ron Knoll @ 773 330-2353 cell
, ,
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Lackluster performance unless the property is in perfect showing condition, takes full use of online and print marketing and priced right on. I've actually seen some multiple offer situations recently for properties that were in great locations. It doesn't have to be priced low but it needs to be priced where comps are selling, so it's a good idea to get a CMA and figure that out.

If you're trying to test the market with a high price or are on the fence about whether or not to sell at this point, I'd stick around for another year and see what happens. Once you know what your property is worth, you'll be able to answer this question more easily.

That being said, this is the best time of the year to sell your home in Chicago, historically, so if you're in a position where you really want to move, this is the best time to get it on the market.