We would like to sell a rental house located in the Bell Buckle area.

Asked by 1stship, Bell Buckle, TN Sat Jul 18, 2009

Rented. Good income $600.00 month. Where would you find a investor/property management looking to purchase these types of homes?

Answers

4
Dianne Arnold, Agent, Shelbyville, TN
Sat Feb 23, 2013
I was looking back at old post & wondered if you still own that home in Bell Buckle? I have lived in the Bell Buckle area for the past 40 years & have been a realtor for the past 26 years. I Have the knowledge of the whole county & all that Bell Buckle has to offer. Bell buckle area is the most demand in sales & rentals than any where else in the county. I would be glad to offer my help to you. You can email me at diannearnold@charter.net or call my cell 931-703-5104.
Kenneth Rodg…, , Shelbyville, TN
Sun Jul 19, 2009
The first consideration any realty buyer will look at is the asking price for the property. I would recommend that you determine a market price calculated by accepted analysis measures. One of these is to get a Competitive Market Analysis. Competitive means that you obtain sold prices for homes as nearly similar to yours that are located within a reasonable distance of your property and that have been sold in the last six months. If you can't find homes that fit your criteria that have sold in 6 months, try 12months, etc. Another method would be to obtain the Tax Appraisal Value for your property. Normally, this amount would be less than it's market value. of course you have to look at your existing investment dollars, and possible cosmetic improvements that would help sell the home to arive at your final price.

Investors look for rental investments that will throw off $xxx.xx as profit/per/month after paying the cost of ownership (mortgage, taxes. insurance, maintenance). This could be a factor you should consider in pricing your home. Prospects for appreciation are considered too. However, predicting appreciation is more difficult today than in times past.

The investor contacts, the WEB, classifieds, hotlines and talking houses which I use in marketing homes will find the buyers. But, determining the asking price (starting point) is the single most important task taken to attract investors to your property.
Web Reference:  http://teamclarkrealty.com
Megan Manly, Agent, Nashville, TN
Sat Jul 18, 2009
If only it were this simple. The best steps for you to take is to do what agents do every day, network one-on-one, face-to-face with potential consumers. As Diane has alread pointed out, management companies don't necessarily purchase investments homes. They simply collect money, handle maintenance and conduct accounting for the investors. The management companies safeguard the investors information from most callers, consumers and marketers.

If you're wanting to do it on your own, your best bet is going to be to join some real estate investor networks in your area and start speaking with those folks. It will be a "crock pot" simmer for a while, but once you've built those relationships they may be willing to buy it or connect you with others who may buy.
Diane O and…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sat Jul 18, 2009
I would suggest you looking for a local Realtor to assist you. The Realtor can list the property on the MLS and network with other Realtors who represet investors. Management Companies are usually the ones who manage the property for the investor.
Web Reference:  http://dianeo.us