Home Selling in Boxford>Question Details

J. Grasso, Home Seller in Andover, MA

We will be selling our home in Boxford. How do we select an agent who is a top producer in this challenging?

Asked by J. Grasso, Andover, MA Mon Mar 10, 2008

housing market.

Thank you.

Answers

5
Kevin Vitali’s answer
I suggest interviewing three agents that you have selected through research and referrals from friends and family.

The second biggest criteria is who has the best marketing plan to sell your home. You should focus in on the steps they take to sell your home. Every agent has access to the MLS but how they handle it can be very different. Also pay attention to internet exposure. Over 82% of buyers heavily rely on the internet to purchase a home. You want an agent with great internet exposure.

It is also important to work with an agent that you identify with and trust. An agent with good communication skills are important. They must deliver data in a clear and concise manner and be able to help you interpret the data. Large staffed top producers can get the job done but so can a relatively new agent. It really depends on how you want to be handled. A new agent can give lots of personal attention where a top producer may not.

At the end of the day proper pricing with good market exposure will get your house sold even in a soft market. The best advise I can give you is to hire your agent first based on reputation, marketing plan and communication skills. Talk about price after you have hired an agent. Many a seller hires an agent based on the price the agent promises for their home and not basic fundamentals. Ultimately your house is worth what the market will bear not what you or an agent might think its worth. Just look at all of the price changes, expired listings and canceled properties that have recently been on the market, where sellers were promised prices or thought that their house was worth x amount.

Look at the market data objectively, review their marketing plan and ask tons of questions. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.thehousewiz.com
Hi J. It is always beneficial for a seller to interview a few Real Estate Agents when making a decision like this. I am a licensed Real Estate Broker that services the greater Merrimack Valley area, including Boxford. I used to have an Office in Georgetown and would be happy to give you some names of other agents you might like to interview. Chemistry and trust are also very important factors to take into consideration when choosing a REALTOR. I know for myself, it is important that I have an open and trusting relationship with my clients. It is incredibly important that my clients feel comfortable with me. Most agents have the same tools available to them, it is just how they use them, as well as how creative and aggresive they are. Just note...it is not always the agent that has been in the business the longest that is the best. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information or some referrals. Thanks and good luck!
I did a little research and there have been 11 properties sold in Boxford in the last 3 months. Of those, only 3 were in the price range that you would be looking for. There are 2 more pending agreement in that range. I would be happy to e-mail you this report upon request.

Mike Giles
If you are looking to list your house I know a great agent with Zip Realty. She lives in Boxford. Her name is Kirsten Vallis.
We are looking to move to Boxford & have been looking since October. We are relocating from New York & could be a potential buyer of your home. We are working with a buyers agent out of Lillian Montalto agency. What are your homes specifications? You can contact me by email tonyuep@aol.com
We will sell Boxford, Ma, 249 Main Street and move to NJ. It is not officially listed yet as being for sale,
Pictures and specs. you will see on Trulia. There are a few changes we made,
The outside of the house is now white with grey trim for the windows and doors. The front and backyard deck is now a light brown. In matching color we added a vinyl shed The house has central air conditioning. The heating system is natural gas, supplied by pipelines of National Grid.
The tiled master bathroom with the 2 seater whirlpool and cathedral ceiling and italian tiled shower room and custom furnished walk in closet has in addition to the house heating system a electrical floor heating.
There is no 1/2 bath. Instead, the in-law apartment (separate entry, no steps) has a tiled kitchen with sink and microwave build in, a bedroom with a brick fireplace and a full size bath with bathtub.
Flag Sun Mar 22, 2015