We recently became a self-managed co-op. What documents do we as a co-op have to provide as part of the sale?

Asked by Leucase, 10003 Thu Jul 2, 2009

process when someone sells a place in the building?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Weichert Rea…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Thu Jul 2, 2009
Hi Leucase,

I don't think this is a complete list, and you should talk to your co-op's attorney to get a complete list, but here is what I think you will need.

1) Minutesfor attorney perusal
2) Ability to provide copies of the Offering Plan & Amendments to purchasers and share holders for a set fee.
3) Annual Financials for the building provided by the building's CPA
4) A copy of the co-op Questionnaire to banks.
5) A copy of the building's insurance certificate.
6) and most importantly a reasonable yet efficient Purchase Application Package and Alteration Agreement with appropriate fees fully disclosed.

I am sure there is more, but I hope that helps for now.

Please contact me for more info if you need it

Joe Greene
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more