We're thinking of selling our condo in schaumburg, and buying a house. Can we use the same realtor, or do we want a listing agent and a buyers agent?

Asked by Mark Rolfsmeyer, 60193 Tue Mar 19, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
You could use the same Realtor and it might be easier for you, but of course you do not have to.
If the home is far from Schaumburg and you want a local expert in that area, that would be one reason to have 2 Realtors to work with. If with 10 miles I would suggest just one.
I have lived here for 28 years and have been a Schaumburg Realtor for 28 years. If you have any further questions, just call.
1 vote
Martin Foster, Agent, Hoffman Estates, IL
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Hey Mark.

If you have a good existing relationship with your realtor, use him/her for both. However, i do recommend making sure they are good at both the Listing & Buyer side.

Buyer side, ask them questions about different situations in buying a home. on the Seller's side, Ask him/her to explain & perhaps show you how they would market your property!!!

A realtor can most definitely be skilled at both ends (Buyer & Seller). Just make sure you do your homework and ask plenty of questions! :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to call my cell 630.429.4486
0 votes
Nancy Eisele, Agent, chomburg, IL
Fri Mar 22, 2013
There are definitely two different sets of skills involved with the two types of transactions. A full time professional Realtor should be competent in both areas and it may be to your advantage in more ways than one to use the same agent. I supply references from both past sellers and buyers. Just make sure your agent is familar and comfortable with the areas for both properties. I have lived and worked in Schaumburg and the surrounding areas since 1965. Please give me a call at 630 776-1410 to arrange a time to meet.
Nancy Eisele
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
20 S. Roselle Rd
Schaumburg, IL
0 votes
Bill Gerhardt, , Arlington Heights, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Mark,
We do this all the time, and when you do use the same Broker/Realtor you can also save lots of money as well! I'll explain how when we talk! I also work out of the Schaumburg Baird & Warner office on the corner of Sch Rd. & Roselle next to the clock tower.

Hope to talk with you soon!

Bill Gerhardt, ABR, CBR, CBS, CNE, CRS, CRTS, GRI, SFR
Baird & Warner / N.W. Office Down Town Arlington Hts.
Specializing in Relocation, Transferees, First time Purchasers, Referrals, and
Sellers in the Northwest Suburbs, and Near Surrounding Territories of Metro Chicagoland!

Office- direct: 847-818-6129
Cell: 630-675-7575
E fax: 312-592-7727
e-mail - b.gerhardt@yahoo.com
0 votes
Paul Fijalko…, , Arlington Heights, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Yes, of course, we are licensed to do both and for you it is better since you will have all info in one place. It might be totally different story if you are looking for home far from Schaumburg.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Paul Fijalkowski
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Tel. 847-532-2093
0 votes
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Yes of course, if you have Realtor you like and trust, that Realtor definitely can be your listing agent for your current condo, and then if you are buying in the same or surrounding area your Realtor can then
represent you as your buyers agent for the purchase of the next home.
In both cases YOUR Realtor represents you and your interests, talk to your Realtor and I am sure he
or she will be delighted to represent you for both.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
0 votes
Lynn Hayes, , Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
It is definately best to have one Realtor sell your condo and find your new home. They can be your listing agent on the sale and your buyer's agent for your purchase. Your agent will have first hand knowledge in both transactions to help you coordinate everything for your sale as well as your purchase.

Please feel free to call me, I have been an agent for 25 years and my office is located in Schaumburg. Lynn Hayes 847-312-9270 - http://www.greaterschaumburgareahomes.com
0 votes
Geoff Ommen, Agent, Barrington, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Totally your call. Some agents specialize in one type. Many do both. The main priority is determining if there is a fit in a working capacity. If they have the right skill set then both is generally preferable to all parties involved.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird Warner
0 votes
Lisa Bobby, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
You can absolutely use the same agent on both ends of your deal! Sometimes its better as the agent is familiar withboth what you loved and didn't care for in your first place and then also knows the details of your sale when you get the contract. I am located in Schaumburg and work with a partner to help ensure that you will always have someone at your fingertips when you need help! Our marketing plan is very extensive and I would love the opportunity to discuss your options for both buying and selling at your convenience!

Lisa Bobby
Broker Associate
Koenig & Strey
0 votes
Grace Pawlik…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Agents are licensed to do both! Choose an agent that you are comfortable with and he/she will help you to accomplish your goals. If you want to talk please call me and I would explain what I can do for you!
0 votes
Layla El Said, Other Pro, Schaumburg, IL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
We have 2 offices in your area.... let me know if you would like me to connect you with an agent who is qualified to assist you. If you are looking to sell, I would connect you with a Broker

Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more