We need help selling our home in Waynesboro, VA! We are close to 120 days now and not a single offer.

Asked by Distraughthomeowner, Charlottesville, VA Mon Jul 20, 2009

In 2 weeks we will be paying 2 house payments! How can I get my house sold? We have lowered the price a total of 20,000 dollars already!

Answers

7
Helene King, Home Buyer, Fairfield, VA
Tue Apr 5, 2016
IF you would consider renting it to a retired school teacher who needs it by May 15th you have a deal. If I like the house, I will negotiate buying it from you when A bond I have matures the end of September.
210-367-9223
helene_m_king@yahoo.com
springcleani…, Renter, Waynesboro, VA
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Would you consider leasing it to a 25-year homeowner who has relocated to the area? If so, email springcleaning0312@gmail.com
Matt Lang, Home Buyer, Waynesboro, VA
Sat Aug 18, 2012
where is your home and what are u asking for it
Efrobinette, Home Buyer, Waynesboro, VA
Wed May 26, 2010
I am looking for a place if it's still available for 20,000. 434.229.0196
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Dear Distraught
Ask your Realtor to show you the following...since your home hit the market, how many homes, like yours, have:
Come on the market
Lowered their price
Entered escrow
SOLD
Expired.

That will tell you the truth. If other homes are selling in your price range, and yours is not, then go and look at the homes from the buyer's perspective. Look at the five to ten homes that competing with yours. Selling a home is like chess. If there are ten homes like yours, and one lowers their price, guess which home the buyers will buy? The home that shows the most value?

So compare your home to the competition and make adjustments.
Margaret Ama…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Jul 21, 2009
The solution to a sale in this market is price, price and price. If you can't go deep enough to get a sale, consider a short sale. Your home is not being shown because the price is too high in comparison to your competition.

This idea is hard for owners to get their arms around because it seems that just yesterday we had the opposite. I will tell you that selling today will get you more than waiting for tomorrow. as we haven't seen the bottom yet.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Dist.

This is a mrket that is truly unkind to many home owners. Dropping your price $20,000 has not gotten the job done. Are you getting showings? If so, the appeal of the home is there and the price wiill need additional adjusting.

If you are not getting showing activity also consider dropping your price. Today's buyers are looking for great value and that transulates in being able to compete with short sales and foreclosures with lower pricing.