We have been on the market for 48 days with 2 people looking. Our price is $329.9 Should we lower itto $319.

Asked by Jocelyn Bishop, Windham, NH Sun Sep 14, 2008

Answers

5
, Home Seller, Park Ridge, IL
Mon Sep 22, 2008
What if agent is not networking with agents wo sell your property? Should one try another before lowering the price. It could be the market and no one is looking til after the election. Do you just want to sell for any price? Once you lower it you can't go back.
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Sep 14, 2008
We expect 10-12 showings in the first two weeks or one offer, or reduce the price.
Not enough showings, lower the price. No offers,lower the price.
Your goal should be to sell in the first four weeks to sell for the highest price.
Shannon Lefe…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Sep 14, 2008
A general rule of thumb I like to keep in mind is healthy listings (a healthy listing is a property that will see an offer within the next 30 days or so) usually produces at least 3 showings a week even in a really slow market. Just like Dane said, there are two factors, Price and condition. Check around and see if there's anything you can do to make your property more appealing and two, show some motivation to your buyer by dropping the price. The fact that you are asking if you should reduce the price tells me you really want to sell. Don't forget to ask your agent what is going on in the market. If there are other properties going under contract that are similar to yours, you know you're missing opportunities. It's alright though, you're on a short track to sell! Good luck!
Dane Hahn, , 34223
Sun Sep 14, 2008
The few buyers we are working with are only motivated by two things, spectacular houses and spectacular deals. If you have only had 2 showings in 48 days, apparently you are offering neither. So to make the buyers step forward, and to make the sale, you will have to make your offering more spectacular.

I have been in the real estate business for over 25 years and when I first got started, an old agent told me, "price cures all ills..." She was right--it's as true today as it was 25 years ago.

Dane Hahn
Web Reference:  http://www.daneandsandra.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Sep 14, 2008
you really need your listing agent to furnish you with comparable properties that have sold in the last 3 months, use these comparables to come up with what your hous eis worth, guage your listing price from here remebering to price it lower enoungh tha people look but leave some room to negotiate but again not so high no one is looking at your house. good luck with your sale Jocelyn
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com