We have almost completed a complete remodel of a small ranch style house in Wiscasset village and are wondering about a listing price....

Asked by Maurita Kling, 04578 Sat Apr 30, 2011

Our remodel has made the house look like the proverbial coastal cottage, with a new open floor plan, professionally planned kitchen with new appliances, etc. but we also put in a 2 car garage,new siding and new insulation and windows throughout- Is our house a good possibility for a quick sale in this market?

Answers

6
Sarah Pearce, Agent, Portland, ME
Sun May 1, 2011
Maurita, I live in town and can really help you. Wiscasset is a very difficult town to grasp, when it comes to selling, and needs expert help. Quick sale is an oxymoron in Wiscasset, but we should discuss that.
Jeannette Be…, Agent, Brunswick, ME
Sat Apr 30, 2011
Hi Maurita. I would be more than happy to come out, view your home, and give you a high/low price strategy depending upon your motivation to sell. Call me at 513-6713 to set an appointment. I am in the Wiscasset area frequently. Thanks. Jeannette
Charlene Ham…, Agent, Camden, ME
Sat Apr 30, 2011
Hi Maurita,
To do a market analysis needs a bit more information than what you provide, but I can tell you that the market in Wiscasset has been somewhat slow. Only 4 properties sold in wiscasset in March, 0 in April, and there are 5 pending now. There are about 63 properties on the market in all price ranges but if you throw out the highs and lows, there are about 45 homes on the market and they have tended to be there for a fair amount of time.

There is a lot that determines how quickly a house will sell in any given market - price is one factor, marketing is another. How your home stacks up to the competition is something a real estate agent can help you with. With limited numbers of buyers, getting your home out in front of them and making it as appealing as possible (with price, terms, and curb appeal) is your best shot at selling quickly.

If I can be of assistance, please let me know.
Thomas Field, Agent, Damariscotta, ME
Sat Apr 30, 2011
It certainly sounds like it would be a property that would draw a lot of attention in Wiscasset given all the work you have done and how you have described it but ultimately it will depend on the listing price and how it compares to the competition. Most brokers would want to see the house before they compare it to what has sold in your market. If you are seriously considering listing your home contact some local brokers and ask that they do a market analysis for you. But don't automatically believe the one that comes in at the highest value. Look at the sales that are being used to compare your house to. Do they seem like good comparisons? Is the condition, square footage and location of the sold property similar to your home?
John Herrigel, Agent, Portland, ME
Sat Apr 30, 2011
I would be happy to provide an additional CMA on your property as well if you would like Maurita.

Feel free to call anytime at 207-650-5383 else email works great also johnherrigel@gmail.com

All the best and hope you are enjoying this fantastic weather,
John
John Babin, Agent, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Sat Apr 30, 2011
I would need a little more information in order to do a proper CMA, please call me at 207-318-0860 or email me all the information on the property like #of rooms, baths etc. Email john.babin@nemoves.com