Stacy Skopel…, Home Seller in Ketchum, ID

We have a three bedroom condo in Ketchum that we would like to put on the market. How is the housing market?

Asked by Stacy Skopelitis, Ketchum, ID Mon Apr 21, 2008

right now? Is it as depressed as the rest of the United States? We are not in a rush to sell.

Answers

6
Alexandria H…, Agent, Ketchum, ID
Sat May 18, 2013
alexsunvalley, Broker, Ketchum, ID
Hello Stacey, I am listing a townhome in West Ketchum today. 3/3, two-car garage, built in 2003. It is 2100 sq ft and includes furniture. I have had a number of responses and it has not even gone into the mls yet. Let me know if you would like additional information. alexsunvalley@gmail.com The market has changed! there are buyers!
., , Sun Valley, ID
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi Stacy, Please let me know what is the address of the property and I can send you the comps for your property. You will see what sold recently and at what price. Sincerely, Anna Svidgal, Windermere Rear Estate (208) 309-2081 or e-mail me: annasvidgal@cox.net
Sold!, , Destin, FL
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Stacy: Since you brought this idea up in April of 2008 the prices have dropped considerably. Good luck on selling in this market.

It is pretty funny to see the Pro's from a year ago tell you the Ketchum market is so unique and will/did not go down.
Stephen Jones, Agent, Meridian, ID
Sun Mar 22, 2009
I am familiar with the market in Ketchum, and would be happy to provide you with a "Broker's Price Opinion". The market is depressed in Ketchum; however, it is not as depressed as the rest of the country. As you know, the people with the resources will continue to buy prime resort property, which holds the market up relatively well in the Ketchum area. Stephen Jones, Associate Broker, GRI, CRS, Century 21 1st Place Realty, Boise, ID 208-761-0211
., , Sun Valley, ID
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Ketchum is Ketchum! It has been a good market for everyone for years and still is. South of Ketchum, mostly Hailey and Bellevue have lost some momentum like the rest of the country, but Ketchum market is rather stable and unique being a high end resort. In fact , Sun Valley area has been placed in the list of 10 best areas for real estate in the US, right next to Manhattan! Please contact me and I can provide you with CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) for your condo so that you will make an educated decision whether to sell or not to sell. Anna Svidgal, Windermere Real Estate (208) 309-2081. I hope this helps.
Brian Brump…, Agent, Boise, ID
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Stacy,

Idaho as a whole has not been hit as hard as the rest of the Nation. I would suggest starting a dialogue with some local agents. A good link to find active agents is http://www.activerain.com. You will be able to read what agents in the areas have to say about the market and no doubt find many other links to get a better handle on market expectations.
Web Reference:  http://www.BrianBrumpton.com