We had a closing date in AZ of the 28th of May. The seller is holding up the closing because they don't have their ducks in a row. Now they

Asked by Pcolumbia, Extension, LA Wed Jun 9, 2010

want us to request an extension. We are not the ones needing it. The seller is. They are requesting funds. This is a HUD home and we really want this home. I have already paid for certified mail and such showing my good faith. We have bent over backwards to get this house. What can we do to make the seller responsible for the extension?
Pat

Answers

1
Elizabeth Ru…, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Ask your Realtor to get to the bottom of their problem. Maybe it could be something as simple as, they don't think you're ready to buy. Ask the selling Realtor if you got all of your loan papers into the title company to sign, would they be ready to sell. Bottom line, you have a contract, you are ready to buy - prove it. Good luck!