We are wanting to sll our home in east san jose, ca is this a good time or would we better off waiting

Asked by Gael Ward, Boulder Creek, CA Wed Aug 29, 2007

3/2 1300sq

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joe Salcedo, , San Jose, CA
Sun Oct 25, 2009
Good Morning Gael,

Actually if you are planning to move now is the right time the inventory is low
but you have to understand the situation if you list your property at the market
value the property will sell. Here is my recommendation why don' t you go to the
open house and make a comparison to your property apple to apple atleast
0 votes
Pat Chadwell, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sat Sep 22, 2007
That really depends. Can you stay another 18 months? If the need is not strong to move you might consider riding out this market. But if you are going to another area that is more depressed you can sell here and plan to buy there. The best answer to that question needs more information.
0 votes
Gabriela, , Palo Alto, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2007
Compare are the possibilities to the current situation. Ask yourself the difficult questions now and if you are able to deal with them now? It takes time...but hang in there and remain positive. This is a difficult decision. I know a few people who have decided to hold off to see if they can sell their home in about 1-2 years instead of now but they are happy with their decision.
0 votes
Denise Stuart, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu Aug 30, 2007
The answer to your question is where and when do you want to or need to sell?
A question with a question, I know ;-). Any given Realtor could only give a positive answer if they have a specific buyer for your home. The Real Estate market is like looking into a crystal ball. The answer is are you willing to accept the loss if in fact you do need to take a loss? I bought my present home from a couple whose Realtor told them they needed to sell to catch the market 8 years ago, in turn they rented for a year before moving on the following year to another state, in that year the property value went up $100,000.
The trick to listing a house in this market is you must be competitive with your price.
Good Luck!
Hope this helps
Denise Stuart
Coldwell Banker
The Real Estate People
0 votes
Mario Pinedo,…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
One of my questions for you would be: when do you need or want to be where you are moving to? Also, if you don't have a rush, how long would you wait? The Valley is very segmented. Even east valley is segmented even more in respect to schools, age of the property, SFR or townhouse, etc. Depending on what you are selling, it may be a market that will come back by next Spring or it may take significantly longer. Let us know what your goals are and we can help you further make some decisions.
0 votes
Vicki Moore, Agent, San Carlos, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
FYI: September is the second busiest selling season of the year. I would suggest that you evaluate your reasons for moving and consider how long you'll be in this new home. A good realtor would be able to help you collect and evaluate all of the information that you'll need to help you make your decision.
0 votes
realpayam.com, , Los Altos, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
Just doing a quck MLS Search on Evergreen and Alum Rock, there are about 15 homes on the market like your property (3/2 about 1300) from 5 days to about 200 days in the market. 5 homes have sold in the past 6 months. Most were in the mid $600,000's. 3 sold under 30 days and 2 took a very long time to sell about 200 days. So I would definitely want to check out your particular property and make sure to price and market it accordingly. As for Boulder Creek, there are about 4 or 5 homes in the price range you mentioned. Please let me know if you would like me to check out your property or if you would like to go see some properties in Boulder Creek to get a clearer picture. You can e-mail me at payamsoleymani@yahoo.com if you want. Thanks!
Web Reference:  http://www.realpayam.com
0 votes
Gael Ward, Both Buyer And Seller, Boulder Creek, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
to boulder creek, ca not to far away, also need a great loan we both have awsesome credit scores mine 808 his 755, willing to pay up to 1point, and putting 20% down, home value is 690,000 loan amount needed aprox. 530,000, want fixed for at least 5 yrs
0 votes
realpayam.com, , Los Altos, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
Where are you thinking of moving to? It's a good idea to compare both the market you are selling in and the market you are buying in.
Web Reference:  http://www.realpayam.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more