We are trying to sell our condo. It is 1475 square feet, on Adams and First, all new appliances, complete

Asked by Michele, Hoboken, NJ Sun Mar 9, 2008

upgrades, west facing terrace/balcony, covered parking included. How much could we realisitically hope to sell it for? We were thinking $750K...thoughts? Thanks!

Answers

9
Lori Turoff, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Hi Michele,
The best thing to do is have a local realtor who is very familiar with the Hoboken market look at your particular property, show you comps, and discuss it with you. If you think you can save money by not using a realtor you should know that properties sell faster and for more money when they are listed on the multiple listing service (i.e., you use a realtor) and they are marketed properly. When you try to sell on your own you can't reach nearly as many potential buyers. The fewer people who see your unit, the less demand there will be for it.

I specialize in the Hoboken condo market and would be happy to speak with you if you'd like to contact me directly.
Lori Turoff
201 993 9500 (cell)
http://www.hobokensbesthomes.com
info@hobokensbest.com

You can read some analysis of the Hoboken market and useful tips for buyers and sellers at my blog - link below.
Thanks.
Christy Dege…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Sat Mar 15, 2014
Hi Michele,

Awesome news for you-there is extremely low inventory right now in Hoboken, so it's a seller's market. Well-priced, desirable properties are seeing multiple offers, and bidding wars that get the seller above asking and the best terms. Most properties are not lasting longer than a week on the market. There are about 4 buyers for every property right now. However, overpriced properties are sitting on the MLS, and some turn into rentals.

I would be happy to view your home and look at the comps to give you an accurate price that would get you offers. More properties will come on as the Spring begins so if you want to sell, now is the perfect time.

Call or email me if you'd like to set up an appointment.
201 694 9441 or cdegeorgis@gmail.com
Lenny Njappr…, Agent, Woodland Park, NJ
Wed Mar 31, 2010
YES. THIS DOES SEEM ON THE HIGH SIDE. HOWEVER, MANY FACTORS MUST BE LOOKED AT. COMP SALES MUST MATCH YOUR UNIT TO GET A GOOD HANDLE ON VALUE LIKE FLOOD AREA, SQ.FT. YEAR BUILT. AND SO ON. JUST WAS IN HOBOKEN YESTERDAY. IT WAS DIFFICULT NAVIGATING AROUND IN THE FLOODING,

LEN BALDUCCI
CERTIFIED R.E. APPRAISAL SERVICES LLC
973-837-1485
Matt Brown &…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Mar 30, 2010
To accurately answer the question, I would need to know your specific address and take a look at the property. Based on the info you provided, I did a quick search for somewhat similar properties that have sold recently in Hoboken. These properties are between 1400 and 1550 SqFt, 2+ beds, 2+ baths, have parking, central heat/AC, W/D in the unit. Some have a terrace and some have an elevator. The search generated 11 matches with a median selling price of $629,000. Based on strictly on the numbers it seems like $750k is too much but maybe you have something special... I would have to see the property or at least know the address to be more specific. Check out the link below for the sold comparable details.
William Patt…, Agent, Boston, MA
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Good luck with your sale!!!

Get 3 or 4 agents to come over to see the place and invite them back to present their ideas on price. This should give you the correct number.

Cheers,
Bill P
Louise Marzu…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Hi Michele,
First thing you should do is contact a real estate professional in your area and they can work up a CMA ( comparative market analysis ) which will give you all the data in your immediate area as to sold , actives and pendings and compare sq footage ect...that will help you arrive at a price which would cause your home to sell.
Tony, Home Buyer, Hoboken, NJ
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Hi Michele,

If it's a 2 bedroom it sounds a little high, if it's 3 then it sounds quite reasonable.
I've currently got a two bedroom in Hoboken.

Tony.
J Pet, Home Buyer, Budd Lake, NJ
Sat Apr 5, 2008
You can check the public tax/deed records for Hoboken/Hudson County on the internet and get a feel for what places in your neighborhood have been selling for. Your price per square foot is in line with what has sold in hoboken the past few quarters -- in your downtown location - units with similar amenities. Good luck.
Anil, Home Buyer, 10605
Sun Mar 9, 2008
hi there, you can take help of local realtor or post your free listing with beautiful pictures at http:// http://www.GoDesi.com
We get listings posted free at trulia also so you can save Realtor commission