We are needing to sell our home that we've only lived in for 18 months in Flower Mound. We don't have much

Asked by Jody, flower omund Fri Jan 2, 2009

equity, and we are worried about losing a lot. We would rather not rent it out. Could you describe what the market for Flower Mound is like right now? I hear it's still a strong market despite the recession.

Answers

8
Jay Myers, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Depending on the price range you are in, right now the market is HOT! I can honestly say I did not think I would be saying that for a few months, the buyers have really came out in the last 10-15 days in my experience. It really depends on many factors, such as How much you put down when you bought? Have any improvements been made? and many others at this point.

I sense you are not expecting to profit a whole lot, if any, at this time and that is realistic at this point, but the activity is strong, but I would not say appreciation is nearly as strong as it may be in say 6 months if things continue on the course they are on. Good news is you may not have to sit on the market 6+ months like many have in the past year f the home is priced right.

Hope this helps, and feel free contact me if I can be of any assistance.
Sam Anderson, Agent, Flower Mound, TX
Thu Aug 6, 2009
Hi Jody, Our market here in Flower Mound is great and continues to stay that way even into mid August. Call me, let me preview your home with you and I will give you a "No Obligation" opinion of what price it may sell for at this time.

Sam Anderson
RE/MAX DFW Associates
Flower Mound
(C) 214-952-1023
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Jan 4, 2009
Jody,
I still say the market in Flower Mound is strong, but only for properties that look really good and are in good shape. Otherwise it can be a mixed market depeding on the age, condition, location, and neighborhood. I just closed with one buyer on a house in Flower Mound and they had several homes snatched from their desires when other beat them to the offer.
I'd be happy to take a look at your home and give you my honest opinion of what I think your home could bring in today's market and your net costs to sell. We can also discuss the alternatives including leasing and how that works. There is no cost for this service.

Bruce Lynn
Prudential Texas Properties
214-675-6992
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Jan 4, 2009
Jody, Flower Mound is a growth market in the DFW Metroplex. You are right that the recessionary times seen in some parts of the region were not as dramatic. Part of the reason for this is that Flower Mound doesn't tend to be an area with a high number of first-time home buyers purchasing homes directly from the builders. Smart people use a Realtor to buy a home, and in Flower Mound, we deal mostly with people who are buying their 2nd, 3rd, 4th...home. Wisely buying within your means and knowing where to buy is a way to protect your equity from hard-times. The commercial growth in Flower Mound in the last 18 months has been amazing. That new flagship WalMart on FM2499 is the bomb! We'd have to visit your home to assess it's current market value, but you are likely just fine to sell.
Web Reference:  http://www.rondaallen.net
Nathan Konop…, , Dallas, TX
Sat Jan 3, 2009
I have changed my commission structure to help people like you. You shouldn't have to give all your home's equity away. If you are going to be buying another home, any home at all, my team will get your home sold for 0% Listing Fee. You only have to pay the Buyer's Agent. Check out my website for more details.
Web Reference:  http://www.KonoHomes.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Flower Mound is a great market area due to schools rankings.

Contact our office we are a Dallas Seller Flat Fee listing agent can save you $1000's
972-699-9111
Lynn
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Leigh Bates,…, , Carrollton, TX
Fri Jan 2, 2009
It depends on the price point and condition of the home. Since the holidays are behind us, the phones have started to ring more with buyers who are "ready". But in this market you have to be prepared to price it right if you want it to move quickly. This doesn't mean to give the home away, but you have to be priced competitively for the area. You may have some other options available to you depending on your situation that I would be happy to discuss.

I would be happy to send you some stats for the town of Flower Mound, and your particular neighborhood. Just send me an email at leigh@thetrinitygroup.org or feel free to call me on my cell anytime (972) 824-2088.

Best of luck! Leigh Bates
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Jody,
I am sorry to hear that you have to sell. I know that it's very stressful.

Depending where in Flower Mound, the market is slow in some and moving very good in others. It's all about condition and price.

I have a program that you don't have to pay a full commission to help sell your house.

Are you behind on your payments? I will be happy to discuss all options with you. Feel free to email me and I'll study house and give you advice according to my findings.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com