Home Selling in La Grange>Question Details

Lesli Hill, Both Buyer and Seller in La Grange, IL

We are looking to sell our house in the country club section of La Grange. We will also need to find 2 new places to live separately and keep our

Asked by Lesli Hill, La Grange, IL Fri Jul 15, 2011

children in the same school district if possible. How do i find a fair and qualified agent that can handle this type of transaction?

Answers

9
Lesli: Perhaps the best way to find the fair and qualified agent/broker that you seek is by referral. Speak to those that you know that have bought or sold recently in your area. Speak to your insurance agent. Friends, family, home inspectors, an attorney. They will know the quality real estate professionals located in your area. If you have a mortgage lender that you have worked with in the past and you respect their opinion ... contact them. If not, contact a few from the Chicagoland area/your LaGrange area. They will most likely be happy to refer a few names of agents that they have worked with in the past and that they admire. When you have made a few calls or contacts, you will most likely begin to see a few names popping-up time and time again. THERE is the agent (or lender) that you should contact. Meet with them. See if it's a good fit for you. Instincts will probably tell you fairly clearly and quickly.
Best of luck to you moving forward into your future. Please remember that you can always ask me further questions at any time.
Gene
Web Reference: http://www.genemundt.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 18, 2011
Lesli,

First of all - I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately it's something I'm seeing more and more frequently with my friends and clients lately. I know there will be many challenges as you start your new life. With that said, it's indeed important that you find competent and experienced help (Realtor, attorney, lender) in regards to the sale of your current home and purchase/rental of your new home.

Divorce is a very personal matter so it's vital you find a Realtor who won't take sides and will keep your personal business absolutely confidential. Using the same Realtor to purchase a replacement home can be very helpful if you both are going to purchase houses with a "house to close" contingency - because they can do a much better job coordinating the transactions and convincing the seller of your new home(s) that your pending sale is solid and moving forward (in order to convince a seller to accept a "home to close" contingency).

Bottom line, you should meet/interview several Realtors and select one who:

1) is a market leader
2) is intimately familiar with La Grange
3) has an excellent reputation
4) is competent, responsive and trustworthy
5) is experienced with selling/buying homes in this environment
6) remains impartial and respects/protects your privacy

As La Grange's top selling agent, I invite you to visit my website (CathyBier.com) to read testimonials and learn more about how I can help you with all sides of your pending real estate transactions.

I welcome the opportunity of answering any other questions and further discussing your situation and options.

Cathy Bier
#1 La Grange Area Realtor
708-567-2032
Web Reference: http://www.CathyBier.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 16, 2011
Lesli,

I can appreciate your current situation and desire to stay in the Country Club area. My family and I have lived in the Country Club area of LaGrange for the past twenty years and our children were fortunate enough to attend Spring Ave. School and Gurrie. We currently live on Madison Ave.
As a member of Coldwell Bankers Presidents Club I can provide you more online marketing with featured ads that I invest in to help you sell your home. I not only know what homes are on the market in Country Club but also some homes people in the neighborhood that would like to sell but not currently listed.
If you would like to meet I will hosting an Open House at my listing at 530 Madison this Sunday, Jan.8th from 1:00-3:00. It would be a pleasure to meet you and discuss your real estate needs.
If you can't make it Sunday feel free to call me or email me to possibly meet at a different time.

Andy Schrepfer
708-420-4623
andy.schrepfer@cbexchange.com
Hi Lesli,

A lot of agents are telling you that they are qualified and can help you. Most likely are very qualified and will be able to help you. However, I am qualified to help you as well, but I understand the needs of my clients in this economy. Since sellers aren't making money on their homes these days (most are losing money), they need to reduce their costs of selling as much as possible; I can help you with that with my flexible commission structure. I do not wish to publish my rates here, but I believe I am the most competitive. Please call me.

Anthony Cavalea
Broker/Owner, Able Realty
815-388-9300
Lesli,
You'll want a full-time, full service agent who has years of experience. Trick is to find one who has done volume at levels that don't leave you feeling like just a number yourself. As a former trainer for new agents, I don't think "teams" provide this kind of service and experience. Though I now market country getaways, I have 20 years of experince in your area. I'll be happy to discuss things further. We have a home in LaGrange Park ourselves. 630-533-7600
Hi Lesli,

first step what you need to do, ask for your real estate agent to prepare your property BPO (property evaluation) in such case before you will list your property you will approximately know for how much you can sell your house. Regarding purchase of new home. Now is very good time to buy, because prices is very low and there are a lot of foreclosed and Short sale properties. I am a REO broker and handle a lot of foreclosed and short sales properties. Also if you are interesting I can prepare BPO report on your property. My team know very well La Grange are, we are preparing about 400 BPO's every month in Chicago area.
Good Morning Lesli,

I am a Realtor familiar with the area. I have lived in this area for most of my life.
I have excellent references and would love the chance to meet with you and discuss this.
It's also very important that you are comfortable with the person you will be working with.
Surround yourself with knowledgeable people and you should have a successful and as smooth as possible transaction.

Hope to hear from you.

I wish you the best!

Thank you.

Patty Romero
Lesli, I would actually recommend starting with meeting with a mortgage professional to ensure that both of you are qualified for the purchase of each of the new properties. I have done a lot of financing for divorcing or separating spouses/partners and have found that the entire process works much better if there is full disclosure and everyone is working on a win/win situation. Starting with the end in mind (purchasing the two new properties) will provide both of you understanding of your selling options and/or needs.

Unlike real estate, financing talent does not need t be as hyper local. I can recommend an awesome mortgage banker in the Chicago area who could assist you. I also recommend that both of you work with the same lender....as I said, the best outcomes are when everyone wins. Best to you.
Good Morning Lesli, The best way to choose an agent is to interview your agent. I would love to schedule an appointment and discuss your needs.