We are contemplating selling our 3br/2ba house in BWB. What types of updates would be the most cost effective and appeal to the most buyers?

Asked by Homesearch, Niceville, FL Mon Sep 13, 2010

Answers

6
Jennifer Dod…, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Hi Homesearch, I believe the best way to answer that question would be after seeing what you have to offer. Niceville as a whole is a very viable market at this time. We are seeing steady increases in buyers as well as prices in Blue Water Bay. The thing buyers like most are pretty consistent, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. However, it may not always be necessary to make major changes to a home before selling as some buyers are more willing to personalize the home upon moving in. Scheduling an in home market analysis will be the best way to make the most amount of money in the shortest time during your sell. I am available 7 days a week at no charge.
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Homesearch,

This holds for you and anyone else thinking about selling their house. If you are going to spend some dollars, kitchens and bathrooms are terribly important. Cleanliness and lack of clutter are also extremely important. Buyers can see right through surface repairs if you are covering up other defects, and a home inspection will reveal problems anyway. Try to evaluate if the money you spend will result in an increase in value of your home. Pay attention to things such as fogged windows, doors, plumbing issues, electrical issues, as the home inspection will reveal these as well, and you will end up footing the bill whether you do it sooner or later.

Your entrance to the home is extremely important as well--is it clean, welcoming, and make the buyer want to see more? You want the buyer to picture themselves in the home with their furnishings, so try to eliminate the personal stuff that you love so much--they need to see the stuff they love in the home. You don't want them to spend their time in your home learning your life story--you want them picturing themselves in your home.

I hope this helps,

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC
http://www.DestinHomeRealtor.com
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256
Web Reference:  http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Patti Cole, Agent, Niceville, FL
Wed Feb 2, 2011
There are truly many great ideas on ways to update that are cost affective.... But FIRST IMPRESSIONS count the most, so take a good look at the front of your home. Does it need the porch and sidewalk pressurewashed? Do you need to trim plants and lay down new mulch? Is the door clean and does it have a shiny handle or fresh coat of paint? I have many more ideas for you, and have sold many homes in the Bluewater Bay area. Feel free to call and I will be happy to assist! Thanks, Patti Cole, Century21 Wilson Minger, 850 376 5778
Lynn Bowling, Agent, Niceville, FL
Mon Oct 4, 2010
The most professional and accurate way to answer your question would be for me to see the property in person and then run a comparative market analysis for you. I'd be happy to come by today and give you my professional opinion and make suggestions, besides running the no-obligation analysis for you. Call or text me at 950.259.0448 to set this up.
Lynn Bowling, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Emerald Coast
Marion Russe…, Agent, Niceville, FL
Sun Sep 26, 2010
In order to give you customized advise we would have to see your home.
We would be glad to stop by and make recommendations on what you can do to increase your home's appeal to potential buyers.

We are local professionals and know what the buyers are looking for and expecting when looking at homes in Bluewater Bay.

This is a free service we offer and there are no strings attached.
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Mon Sep 13, 2010
That is a a tough question to answer without knowing the specifics of the home. Kitchens and bathrooms are important as well as major systems (heating, hotwater, septic sytems, plumbing, electrical). If any of those systems are in need of major repairs it will be a turn off to buyers. Assuming that all of those things are up to par, check out a show called "Sell This House" on A&E. It has great tips on staging homes and low cost improvements that can make a big difference when selling.

http://www.aetv.com/sell-this-house/

Some simple things to do are to make sure you de-clutter, arrange the furniture in rooms so they look as big and open as possible, remove personal items such as family photos and nick nacks, paint rooms that have non-neutral loud colors that will turn off some people or that are dark and dingy, remove or clean old or stained carpeting, etc.