Home Selling in Tulsa>Question Details

Ginger Owens, Home Seller in Tulsa, OK

We are FSBO. We have filled out disclosure statement and will sign the sales contract/earnest money tonight.

Asked by Ginger Owens, Tulsa, OK Tue Sep 23, 2008

What is the next step in the paperwork? Just not sure of the order the paperwork goes in.

Some of the answers you have recieved offer a tone of individuals protecting their turf.....with this said, their advice is still sound. Protect yourself by having someone that knows what they are doing review what you are doing.

Now is the time to correct your mistakes.

The "Eckler Team"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 23, 2008
Contact a Title Company, verify with the Buyers Lender or Bank that the funds are available and that there are not going to be problems before closing, give a copy of everything to the title company, get ready for the Buyer to inspect the property and ask for repairs, get the needed repairs completed before closing satisfactory to a re-inspect, verify that buyers funds are available prior to closing. Congrats and Goodluck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 23, 2008
Ginger, another thing you might want to check on the the lender for the buyer, are they a local bank? If not you should stay on top of the lender to make sure that the buyer has been approved and will be able to borrow the money. Even if they are a cash buyer make sure that you call their bank to make sure they have the funds and will have they when you go to close. To your success, and congrats on your sale.
Jim Hemphill
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 23, 2008
Ginger, the contract is a road map and specifically outlines the closing process once you have sold your home. I recommend you call a Title Company and speak with one on their closing personnel. They can guide you through the closing process. Perhaps you will want to find out where your buyer is closing and utilize the same closing company. Best wishes!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 23, 2008
thanks for the response. I have a real estate agent and a lawyer on my side. I will contact a closing company. Some say closing companies and title companies charge different??????? I am planning on checking that out.
We are not attorneys, nor do we have a professional relationship with you.

You need to consult a lawyer. Any advice that we provide (IMHO) might do more harm than good.

Best of luck to you.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Thank you for confirming my next step. That was my plan ! I appreciate your advise.
Sorry you won't get my profit. But another realtor could.