We all hear enough negative news... Who would like to share a Buyer or Seller Success Story from 2010?

Asked by David Jaffe, Arlington Heights, IL Thu Oct 21, 2010

We all know how bad the housing market has been since 2006 with seemingly no end in sight... I would love to hear some enlightening success stories from this year. We all could use some encouraging news!

Answers

5
michele cado…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Oct 23, 2010
Recently closed on a Marine Park, Brooklyn Condo and did not have any major issues with the lender. Originally was concerned because I read alot of blogs by others that about problems they had trying to close on condos.
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Less than 60 days to close a short sale listing from entry onto the MLS to close of escrow.
Props to Wachovia’s short sale people and procedures!
Peter Kedzior, Agent, Elk Grove Village, IL
Fri Oct 22, 2010
According to most studies, only about 2% of homes sell at open houses. So, what was my surprise to have my own listing sell this way! It was a 10-year old condo in downtown Des Plaines. Sweet deal!
, ,
Thu Oct 21, 2010
My Buyer success story starts here ... I referred a Property Virgin, aka FTHB, to a Realtor to serve as her Buyers Agent. We helped our FTHB close her purchase of a great condo within 15 days, purchasing a bank owned REO. The following were the keys to this success:

FTHB was pre approved and had loan commitment before writing purchase offer
Teamwork and great communication with all parties (Seller, Buyer, Realtors, Lender and Attorneys)
Bank REO Asset Manager spoke with Lender to confirm details of loan commitment
Loan commitment was from reputable direct Lender

Success! One less home for sale to help balance housing supply + demand.
Laura Brune, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Thu Oct 21, 2010
I was just recently the Realtor on the buyer's side of a deal. The seller just bought his property in March of this year and found out he had to relocate just this past August. He listed his property at 60% higher than purchase price after having done only the simplest of improvements in this short time. My buyers fell in love with his place and bought it, even knowing the seller's original purchase price. They were more than happy to pay close to the list price and truly felt like they got a great deal--which they did for that area! We, the Realtors both win because both sides are happy with their investment and they are happy with us.