Want to sell Moblie Home in a Park on my own what do I need to know ?

Asked by Bob, 92126 Thu Aug 5, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sue Cope, , San Diego County, CA
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Hi Bob-
I suggest that you make sure your listing is well publicized so that you have plenty of buyers looking at it. Since over 84% of buyers look up homes on the Internet, before they physically go look at it, you will want to make sure that it is in pristine condition and shows well both on the Internet and in person. The MLS is a critical search tool for buyers and I think the only way to get it listed there is through an agent. (Maybe someone can confirm that here.) See my website for great facts about staging your home to sell faster and for more $$ at http://www.simplystunningstaging.com.

On a personal note, I sold one of my own homes a few years ago without an agent. Although it worked out fine, I was very nervous during the whole escrow period and even afterwards -- worrying that something would go wrong. There is tremendous value and peace of mind in having an agent represent you, if you can do it.

Good luck,
Sue Cope
HSR Certified Professional Home Stager
Simply Stunning Staging, LLC
0 votes
Patrick Hale, , San Diego, CA
Thu Aug 12, 2010
I offer for sale by owner plans...may help you sell it quickly. For info please view our website or I can send you an information packet.

Patrick A. Hale, CDPE, RSD
Real Estate Broker & Investor

"Help Over 360 Distressed Home Owners Avoid Foreclosure"
If You or Someone You Know is in Financial Distress Visit: http://www.SDRealEstate360.com
Web Reference:  http://www.reofsd.com
0 votes
Theresa Owen, , 92131
Fri Aug 6, 2010
First, check with the park to see if the mobile home can stay if it is sold. If it is too old or in disrepair, the park can require it be moved. The park may also need to qualify the buyer separately to see if they can live in the park. Both age and income can be reviewed.
Make sure you cover all disclosures during escrow, as you may be held liable. Mobile homes have their own set of disclosures. Get a hold of a good escrow and title company to help, but you are still responsible to make sure every document is covered with the buyer. If you do not hire a real estate agent, hire a real estate attorney.
Guidelines for mortgages on mobiles also change frequently. Find an experienced loan officer that can help you and the buyer find an appropriate loan.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more