Jon Dickens, Real Estate Pro in Memphis, TN

WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 WAYS TO LEAD GENERATE?

Asked by Jon Dickens, Memphis, TN Fri Oct 1, 2010

Answers

17
John Georges, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
I believe combining the basics along with technology. Start with your immediate sphere of influence. Friends, family, organizations you may belong to. Target an area and make your self well known. Attend functions- pass out cards- enter conversations. never be afraid to ask for the business or an opportunity. Check title records for multiple property owners and see if they are in the market for a fresh face. Create more than just a Motto for yourself- create who your are by what you respresent. Call on Divorce and BK attorneys, Financial planners. These individuals are unfortunetly representing common folk that are in possible need to sell their homes whether tradionally or via a short sale. And contact us regarding our secret weapon whuch draws in potential buyers from all over when we assist you in creating your own site. http://www.e-approval.com.

Best wishes and don't forget the basics- step by step.

John
Web Reference:  http://www.e-approval.com
Brandon Long, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Oct 4, 2010
I am the Broker of Regional Realty in San Diego and we follow the Mike Ferry program.
Daily contacts, coaching, and motivation.
Expired listings, Fsbos, JL's, JS's, Sphere etc.
Jon Dickens, Agent, Memphis, TN
Tue Feb 22, 2011
1)Stay in constant contact with your sphere.
2)Utilize your social media channels. Have a process that works and be consistent in following the process.
3)If you farm to different communities, you must be consistent (one and dun does not work)
4)Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn and Blog
5)Referrals,open houses
Mike Malvey, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Wed Jan 12, 2011
My top 5 ways to lead generate.
1) Stay in flow with the people that already know me, like me and trust me.
2) Ask people how I might refer THEM business; "What type of people would you like to have referred to you?"
3) Take care of my top 50: I do 2 lunches per week where I take one of them out.
4) Talk with 50 people per week asking FORD questions either by phone or face to face.
5) When talking with people, I listen for their pain or pleasure and then provide solutions. For example, the pleasure could be that they have a dream of owning a vacation home in Aspen....well I would do some research and send them info on the Aspen area and spread it out over a few weeks and then call them to discuss the info I sent. For pain, if I hear them say that with the kids getting older the house just seems to be getting smaller then I would ask them some more questions to help find what would solve that for them...possibly to sell their home and buy a larger, more expensive home.

Mike Malvey
- Sal Salafia…, Agent, Perinton, NY
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Keep in contact with past clients: they are the best source of business!
Remind current clients that you could always use more business
Blog!!!
Participate in as many local social events as possible
Invest in your business especially in lead generating sites like trulia!
Lastly don't be afraid to push your website everywhere (ie: http://www.RochesterHomeLocator.com, the best site to search for Rochester New York Real estate!) Internet business is huge, make sure you own at least your own domain and website.
gabriel palo…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Wed Jan 12, 2011
John,
I could take this in so many directions but this site has the good housekeeping seal of approval so I will restrain of being too obvious and have a good time with it.

GREAT PRICE TO WOW YOU
GREAT LOCATION TO EXCITE YOU
GREAT TERMS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR FRIENDS ENVIOUS
SHOWS GREAT A PICTURE TELLS THE STORY
GREAT MARKETING on any and affordable media to attract qualified buyers that fit the budget of the SELLER
A GOOD LOOKING AGENT that knows how to AUCTION the property and get you to save big bucks !! The Buyer is paying the PREMIUM and look at the money that you saved on the expense carrying it. Are you not happy for selling it FAST ?
Auctions are SEXY they not only lead generate but.... GOING ONCE! GOING TWICE! SOLD to that gentleman with the fur hat ...... excuse me the lady with the fur hat....... and it is a very lovely fur hat. THANK YOU ! The Seller Thanks You,and My Mother in Florida Thanks you.
Michael Diam…, , Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Word of mouth of satisfied clients
Social media
Consistency
Rachel LaMar,…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Tue Jan 11, 2011
1. Start blogging about your area and real estate in general.
2. Use social media to connect with industry experts and the millions of future buyers. Find interesting blogs and industry-related topics and comment on them frequently, and post links to your blogs on all these sites.
3. Hold as many open houses as possible and have lots of great visual information to share with visitors.
4. Choose a farm and provide useful information once a month.
5. Most important of all: keep in touch with your past clients. Visit them, take them to lunch or coffee,call them frequently.

Rachel LaMar, J.D.
LaMar Real Estate, Inc.
Web Reference:  http://LaMarRealEstate.org
Lisa Thorik…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Oct 7, 2010
1.Use social media if you are not already to reach further to your sphere and grow it by your contacts in common. 2.Find your voice and blog about what's relevant in your area to your client base. 3. Know who your target, most desirable clients are. Who you want to work with. Then seek those people out. 4.Find your method to keep your motivation up. I use exercise. 5.Have an accountability partner/coach to review your efforts and keep you honest about meeting your target number of contacts.
Monthly or quarterly review of number of contacts vs. leads/appts then how many of them resulted in a closed transaction.
Web Reference:  http://www.lchometeamsd.com
Gisela Najera…, , San Diego County, CA
Thu Oct 7, 2010
Go Back to the Old Approach of Business Building*
1. Talk to 15 different people a day about Real Estate
2. Open House
3. Door Know on Expireds, FSBO, Just Listed
4. Create a FARM
5. Do Floor while you’re working in the office (I always get walk-ins or calls)

And Most of All LOVE THE BUSINESS and BELIVE in YOURSELF!!
Vincent Vill…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Oct 4, 2010
What I have found is that if you really treat you clients well, buy respecting their needs and close deals smoothly you will have a never ending lead generation tool. Now , outside of past clients I would use the web to market your services, open house, its has really worked for me.
Vincent Vill…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Have you considered "For Rent By Owner"s? If you are a new agent and looking to generate immediate income as well as build a good Sphere of Influence, rentals are a terrific resource. A lot of people are becoming 'Accidental Landlords" these days, they are upside down on their mortgage but need to or have to move so they are renting their homes. I am not sure what the commission structure is for rentals in Tennessee but I have had quite a lot of success pursuing this avenue. And I am building relationships with landlords who will be sellers in a year or two when the market improves, as well as tenants who will become buyers one day. And I get to use all the marketing that I would for a 'for sale" listing including mailings, signs, and so on.

After that I agree with everyone else, FSBOs, expired listings, Sphere of Influence, Open Houses and Farming. Do all of those at the sme time but don't ignore rentals as a source of lead generation and income. If you need some tips on how work rentals successfully, feel free to contact me.
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Fri Oct 1, 2010
1. FSBO
2. Expireds
3. Blogging
4. SOI
5. Pay per click
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinsprings.com
Steve Innis, , Clairemont Mesa West, San Diego, CA
Fri Oct 1, 2010
If you need a mentor to help you get up and running I am looking for an agent or two to add to our team who can and will follow directions. Most of our team have had their first transaction initiated within 30 days.

I have been a broker here in San Diego since 1982.

Steve Innis
Broker Associate
REMAX-Pacific
858-922-2411
Steve_at_steveinnis.com
Tony Savage, , San Diego, CA
Fri Oct 1, 2010
#5 Knocking on doors
#4 Calling FSBO's
#3 Calling Expireds
#2 Keeping in touch with your SOI and your past clients.
And the number 1 lead generation source is OPEN HOUSES!!!
Alfredo Rive…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Oct 1, 2010
#1 FSBO
#2 Expired
#3 Walking Your farm
#4 Open Houses
#5 Sphere Of Influence
Use these top five with consistency and your leads will pour in.