Updates in a old mobile home count in the seller price? I bought a 1972 mobile home in 2005 and spent about

Asked by Zen Pyatt, New Braunfels, TX Sat May 10, 2008

$6000 with renovation in the master bedroom and built a new master bathroom, We change the wood in the floor, the carpet, the windows, and put sheet rock in the walls of the master bedroom and bath only, inside look like a very nice house, but we didn't renovate the outside. We paid $12500 6000=$18500 spent
the mobile home is parked in a Terre Du Lac lot. So for how much can I sell this mobile home, now?
Is a 2 bedroom,1 1/2 bath, laundry room, living room and kitchen

Answers

1
David - Appr…, , Maricopa, AZ
Sat May 10, 2008
You should contact an appraiser to have the property inspected and appraised for the actual market value and then use the actual value to determine a selling price. Mobile homes (manufactured homes, park model homes) are valued differently from site buildt homes and must meet specific requirements addressed by regulations.