Unique dilemma, house paid off, need to sell fast. Am I being unrealistic in thinking I can use a realtor?

Asked by Joeya, Wayne, PA Sat Jul 18, 2009

I have a house paid off. It's in Radnor, Pennsylvania, 19087. It's on the poorest street. It needs a little paint, and some cosmetic stuff. I was in an accident and have no income to show. So I haven't been able to get a loan, even though the house is paid off and worth apx. $200k in it's current condition. Now that I'm healthy I'm ready to jump start my career. I'm a film maker and I have oppurtunities lined up in California. I have a real estate tax bill of $4,500, which if it's not paid by Sept. 16 , I lose the house. I'm incredibly frustrated. Now that I'm healthy, I'm stuck in this situation. I'm considering selling my house to one of these buy ugly homes sites, bc it's quick and I can just go. Am I being unrealistic in thinking I can get my house sold through a realtor and have the tax bill paid by Sept. 16. I feel foolish taking a huge loss on a $200k house, over an overdue tax bill, but it's looking like my only option. Thanks in advance for responding.

Answers

10
Brian Fletc…, Agent, Springfield, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
If you are going to list with an agent, you should make sure they have investors working with them. I work with at least 3 investors that would be able to purchase your house cash and quickly. I can help you with your listing of the house, but if you choose another agent please allow me to bring my clients through the house to provide you with an escape plan. I can even draw up papers with you to pay me a reduced commission if one of my clients were to put in an offer. You can still list the house with anyone that you like and try to get more than my client's offer. Call me if you would like to discuss your options. I have buyers in your neighborhood!

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher
Lincoln Realty
610-312-3158
BrianFletcher@LinkWithLincoln.com
Nick & Trudy…, Agent, Devon, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Joeya,

We sell houses in Radnor and T/E, much of what has been said is right, you can price aggressively, there are buyers out there and you can always sell as is letting people know you are unprepared to do any fixes that might come up during a home inspection. As you have the house paid off you canprice accordingly. There are buyers looking to live in Radnor to be in the school district, either Radnor or T/E. Of course you may be in Upper Merion, but from the price you are talking about i don't think so.

Whoever you choose make sure they are going to market your home on the internet. You ar enot just looking for investors who want a deal, but end users who can see the potential. Feel free to contact us and we can see what can be done. But you need to act quickly.

Regarding the tax bill I would need to know a little more. Is Sept 16 the date that the house goes to auction or are you simply having a tax lien placed on the house?
Web Reference:  http://www.VandekarTeam.com
Andrew Himes, Agent, Collegeville, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Joeya,

I would be happy to speak with you about this as you can still list your house and have the "ugly" people be a back up as they can usually settle very quickly. I would say list it as quick as possible with a Realtor and try and get it sold that way by pricing agressively in this market. Homes priced right still sell quickly. If you get down to the wire then try and get those ugly folks to buy it before the deadline.

If you would like to discuss your options further, i would love to speak with you. Feel free to give me a call directly.

Andrew Himes, CRS, ABR, e-PRO
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
267.231.8255
Andrew@AndrewHimes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AndrewHimes.com
Brenda Feria, Agent, Richmond, VA
Tue Jul 28, 2009
You need to call a realtor TODAY! What are you waiting for? A tax lien is not something you want on your property. The agent will not be paid until closing and you could offer the house at a great price. If it is worth $200k, then offer it for $180k with an acceptable contract to close by September 1st.

Brenda Feria
Owner/Broker
Park Place Properties, Inc.
5604 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
D. Derderian, Agent, West Chester, PA
Tue Jul 28, 2009
I have seen these situations before. I have a game plan for you if you would like to sell your home in 10 Hours. That's right 10 Hours. Call me to day to set up your appointment or you are more then welcome to visit my website. I also have a guaranteed sale program as well as many buyer and seller benefits that we offer.
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Sun Jul 19, 2009
In the current environment, properties that are attractively priced will incite buyer activity and potentially a multiple bid situation. I recently listed a property, attractively priced, on Friday, had 26 showings over the weekend and received multiple offers. Your situation is unfortunate, but the remedy is attainable.
Web Reference:  http://MainLineandBeyond.com
Laurie Matth…, Agent, Haverford, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Joeya,
Yes, you can get your home sold through a realtor and have your tax bills situation resolved by September. I have a cash buyer that helps sellers relieve whatever debt is owed on the home and can close quickly. Please contact me at laurie.matthias@lnf.com or 610-659-7376 as soon as possible.
Laurie Matthias
Inspiration…, , California
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Oh, my! Are you currently living in the home?

If you can post some photos, I'd be happy to give you some specific staging advice.

Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Joeya,

You are not being unrealistic.

But you must get started immediately and price it right, to it sell now. This sense of urgency is not going to place you in the position of obtaining "top dollar" for your property but selling it can be accomplished.
Dawn Sumski, , Thorndale, PA
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Hi Joeya,

I concur will my collegue below. I will be happy to assist you in gathering the information you need to make an educated decision including pricing, marketing, etc. You should place your home on the market as soon as possible and price it aggressivly to optmize your profit.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of additional assistance to you.

Dawn Sumski
200 Municipal Dr., Suite 2
Thorndale, PA 19372
Direct: 484-784-2153
PAHouseHunter@comcast.net