Trying to decide to add on to existing home or sell for a 2 family to help out daughter?

Asked by Jjej54, 01906 Wed Aug 8, 2012

Answers

3
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS ’s answer
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Wed Aug 8, 2012
You should talk to a local Realtor®. My biggest concerns if I were in your situation would be over improving my home for the neigborhood, Zoning isssues and would they allow what I wanted to do. Spending way to much on an existing home because of "feelings".
A 2 family might be the best way to go. Your daughters plans may change in the future and this would give you the ability to rent out the other half for income.
Scott Maritz…, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Good morning,

This questions really requires a more in depth conversation. I would be willing to meet with you to view your existing home and help inform you of the condition, value, feasibility for an addition.

Please email me with more details and possibly a few times that I could stop by to see your property and meet with you and hear your goals. As an architect and a realtor this is the perfect problem for me to help with. Just need to see the full picture before I can make a recommendation.

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.
Scott Maritz…, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Good morning,

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com