Training classes on SHORT SALES

Asked by Bert Figone, 95640 Wed Apr 23, 2008

How do I become an expert Short Sale realtor?

Answers

2
Mike Linkena…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Sep 5, 2009
Get some training, and LOTS of practice!!
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Bert,

I see you posted almost 2 months ago and not sure if you've become an expert by now but I took two short sale courses. One was offered through my company at our corporate location and one was through my local board of realtors. With that being said, I still believe that working a short sale deal (preferably on listing side) is the best way to learn short sales. I now have a short sale "listing" packet that I have put together to get a head start with the bank when I am listing a short sale property. On the buyer's end of a short sale, is a lot of explaining to the buyer upfront so that they know exactly what they are getting involved in and that it is anything but short. Some buyers write up the offer but then bail during attorney review because they weren't properly explained what a short sale entails. Short sales are definitely a good source of business whether listing or selling. On one end you are saving a homeowner from the detriment and lifelong impact of foreclosure and on the other end you are getting your buyer a really good house for a really good price.

Hope that helps. Feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or like to discuss it further.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate/Realtor
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-239-7700 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com