There is not room enough in this box to type my question -- and I have a very serious one.

Asked by sgibbs, Marinette, WI Thu Jul 18, 2013

My beautiful Victorian house that cost some $400,000 to restore has not sold in 7 1/2 years -- 9 realtors, many of whom never even put it into the MLS, have only even shown the house 4 times in all these years. I need to sell my house and am FED up. Most of these realtors have vanished as soon as they had a listing contract. Current one hasn't even been heard from since March, when I lowered the price ANOTHER $40,000. I NEED A REAL REALTOR AND SOME SERIOUS HELP SELLING MY HOME -- NOW, THIS SUMMER before a $4 million school referendum gets slapped onto the taxes in Dec.

Answers

3
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Jul 19, 2013
If the house isn't in the local MLS, it's not getting the proper exposure.

I don't know your market... so I don't know if your pricing is off, the location may be poor, or the condition of the house may be putting people off. Clearly there is something wrong. Merely reducing your price, over and over are not getting the house sold.

You need not only a Realtor, but you need to have a Comparative Market Analysis done, that shows what other homes "that truly comp to your house" have sold for, and are selling for... and you need to be competitive with them. Be realist when viewing that analysis... it's easy to lose your objectivity when it's your home.

It's in a neighborhood of Victorian homes that were all in wrecked shape, have all been restored in past 12-13 years, and mine is the first restored one to be fore sale, so any "comp" stuff anyone has done has all been comparing my restored perfect condition house with any wrecks that are still being sold in the area...the last 2 still needing the massive work the rest of us have done on our houses were sold about 2 years ago for only $170,000 so realtors keep saying my house is only worth that...but tax assessors say it's super valuable now that it's in this beautiful condition. So, there have been no other houses that could truly comp to this one, not till any others of the restored ones are ever for sale. Unfortunately, this town has unbearable taxes that are driving people away. What can anyone do about a situation like that?
Flag Fri Jul 19, 2013
Eli Givoni-S…, , Boca Raton, FL
Thu Jul 18, 2013
You need to drop your price. It's a matter of supply and demand. Drop your price every thirty days until it sells. When supply crosses demand you will know right away. The phone will ring, buyers will come and offers will come.

Do you have a mortgage on your home? If market value is less than you owe on your mortgage, you can still sell your home. It's called a short sale. Feel free to call with any questions.

Eli Givoni, Director
Short Sale Department, LLC
561-361-1909
info@shortsaledept.com
http://www.shortsaledepartment.com

MARS Disclosure for General Commercial Communications
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Short Sale Department, LLC is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
Eric D Lenz, Agent, Greendale, WI
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Location, condition, price. You'll need to change something. If the house has been totally restored and the exterior appearance and landscaping are good, that leaves you with one possibility.
This house started out at $639,000 and has been slashed in huge increments down to just $249,000, Its condition is absolutely perfect, indoors and out...the yard is so beautiful it's a paradise. The house is in Sturgeon Bay, WI. How can anyone sell a house if no one is ever brought to even look at it? Lowered price by $80,000 in less than a year, by huge hunks at a time.
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013