Home Selling in Estacada>Question Details

royalpei, Home Seller in Estacada, OR

The public records for my property is wrong. Can I get it changed?

Asked by royalpei, Estacada, OR Wed Jan 2, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3105003303-33853-SE-Doyle-Rd-…

Help the community by answering this question:


If you can prove the information is incorrect, then you should be able to get the public record changed. You will have to contact the agency that holds and reports the information you want changed. In Clackamas County, that could involve contacting multiple agencies, such as the County Assessor and the Department of Transportation and Development.

Sometimes, attempting to change the record can cause more trouble than it's worth. As Ms. Levinson indicated below, incorrect information in public records sometimes results from a prior occupant making changes to a dwelling without obtaining the required permits.

If you were to provide more information. It would be useful in answering your question.

Best of Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
If it is wrong in the public records you will need to go to the county or city planning, building and possibly even the assessors office to see what needs to be done to have it corrected!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
If the public records are wrong, how are they wrong. A lot of times owners make changes to a property without getting the proper permits and CofO.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
Yes, you can contact your county recorder's office about any corrections.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer