Millerbn, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

The HOA management co. for my condo complex is holding the sale of my condo hostage by not submitting the docs to escrow.

Asked by Millerbn, San Diego, CA Thu Jan 9, 2014

Anyone experienced with Urban Property Management in San Diego, CA or does anyone have thoughts on motivating them to submit the appropriate documents?

Answers

11
I have always wondered what HOA management really does? Are they necessary? What are the pro's and con's? Is it better to manage your own properties? Thoughts?

http://www.advantage-idaho.com
HOA's have 10 days to get the docs to escrow from the time escrow requests them. HOA's have been known to wait until the very last minute to provide them. The clock starts ticking from the minute an offer is accepted. If escrow doesn't have the HOA contact information, it delays their ability to send the request for the docs further delaying receipt of them. Hopefully escrow has the docs by now. I hope this helps explain one possibility why they were held up.
Cathy O'Malley
Real Living Lifestyles
(760)594-6160
Cathy@CathyOMalley.com
CathyOMalley.com
Have you or your agent gone to the HOA's management office to deal with the situation? I would have the agent make an appearance at the office and formally watch the "nice" condo management fax the paperwork to escrow.

Nancy S Bergman
Realtor - Cal BRE #01893550
Keller Williams- Carmel Valley/ Del Mar
12780 High Bluff Dr #130
San Diego, CA 92130
Cell (858) 617-9449
Email - nbergman1@live.com
website - http://www.sandiegohomesbynancy.com
Sorry to hear that!

Wow, must be frustrating!
I agree, put your agent to work as well on this!
As an owner you have all the rights to receive those docs in a timely manner, I would just talk to whom ever is in charge or send them a legal letter to help expedite things..

Khrystyna Chorna
Real Estate Supergirl
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
619.808.7064
Ugghhh. Any agent that has a lot of transactions under their belt has experienced a slooooow HOA management company, assuming they have been paid:

Solutions I have used in the past

1) Contact HOA and attempt to escalate to senior person
2) Ask escrow and lender to call them, especially if they have contacts there
3) Contact Board member and let them know how slow the HOA is
4) Have seller contact HOA and Board to formally complain
5) Visit HOA office (sometime they are located far far far away so not an option)

Best of luck.

David Rudd
Kindred Real Estate
What did your agent tell you when you asked him/her this question? What is your agent doing to correct this situation?

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Trying to get HOA docs to the buyer on time is a challenge. Escrow will not order the HOA docs until the buyer has sent back signed escrow instructions. This is because the HOA docs and transfer fees are paid out of the buyer's deposit (even though the seller may end up paying the HOA costs if the sale goes through.) The escrow company does not want to be out the money if escrow is cancelled. Keep pushing everyone involved.
I have run into this before. There should be a physical address for the property management company. If I were you, I would go to the address and demand the documents be handed to you.

Kevin Sanderlin
Cell 858-212-4702
I've certainly experienced painfully slow hoa companies. If i can find a physical address, I've gone to the office in search of a direct conversation. I've also asked my lender and escrow officers to sit on the hoa..

In the end though, we are dealing with hourly administrative workers who don't feel the urgency we feel in transactions. As unfortunate as that is, it's the truth.

Let us now what steps you've taken so we can brainstorm ideas for you!
Sometimes they require payment. Is it possible that's the case and they have not been paid?

Beth Collins
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
(858) 204-3845

Cal BRE #01325192
Thank you- fees have been paid, but the HOA is not responding to any communication.
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Why are the withholding the documents?

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com