Real Living Lifestyles
Nancy S Bergman
Realtor - Cal BRE #01893550
Keller Williams- Carmel Valley/ Del Mar
12780 High Bluff Dr #130
San Diego, CA 92130
Cell (858) 617-9449
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
website - http://www.sandiegohomesbynancy.com
Wow, must be frustrating!
I agree, put your agent to work as well on this!
As an owner you have all the rights to receive those docs in a timely manner, I would just talk to whom ever is in charge or send them a legal letter to help expedite things..
Real Estate Supergirl
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
Solutions I have used in the past
1) Contact HOA and attempt to escalate to senior person
2) Ask escrow and lender to call them, especially if they have contacts there
3) Contact Board member and let them know how slow the HOA is
4) Have seller contact HOA and Board to formally complain
5) Visit HOA office (sometime they are located far far far away so not an option)
Best of luck.
Kindred Real Estate
Keller Williams Realty
In the end though, we are dealing with hourly administrative workers who don't feel the urgency we feel in transactions. As unfortunate as that is, it's the truth.
Let us now what steps you've taken so we can brainstorm ideas for you!