Thank you all for your responses deal and negotiating was all over the phone she was our listing agent as

Asked by C, nys Wed Mar 19, 2008

well as the buyers rep and she was also selling their property I have not signed anything as of yet I was faxed it and read it that is when i noticed the name and address with the packet also came a dual agent letter which iwas to sign along side every thing else I am more irritated about the fact she didnt say something to the effect this is the same couple who bid before up front and as for different prices different people it is that if i was stopping at a price before and she was aware of this and she didnt inform me that we were dealing with a continued interest which usually means they will be willing to negotiate a bit more as they knew where we stopped before and she did also and that we would take a hit $$ I am from the school where honesty is best and this will all come back ten fold in the end I do not like deceit or gray areas I will more than likely move on with this offer only because i believe the issue lies with the realator and not the buyer

Answers

5
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Wed Mar 26, 2008
C. I'm impressed, that's probably 600 words without a single character of punctuation. Since I can't tell where sentences end or pause (I'm not saying this just to nitpick, I'm having trouble completely understanding this) I believe you're annoyed that your agent tried to slide into dual agency and didn't tell you the new bidder is the same people that lowballed you before. Is this correct? Are you annoyed that they lowballed you, or just know that since they came back, they're really interested?
Hi, , Virginia
Wed Mar 26, 2008
there is some punctuation symbol it is $$ wha huh anyways good luck
J R, , New York, NY
Wed Mar 26, 2008
This dual agency letter, I'm not understanding. In my MLS, also in NYS, there is one agency form. You either check buyer or seller. There is also a place on the same form for dual agency. Are you sure it wasn't just on the form? There is a separate place on the agency form that both sides have to sign for dual agency.
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Mar 20, 2008
Here in New York is the same, Larry.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Mar 19, 2008
C,
The realtor has a responsibility to disclose all facts to you at first substantial contact. So while I practice in NC not NY here she would have had to tell you about the dual agency over the phone. But in the same respects she cannot while she was in dual agency she cannot say anything about either side. All she can do is to pass the offers/counter offers back and forth. She cannot negotiate or advise since she has prior financial knowledge of both parties.