State Real Estate Transfer Tax credit

Asked by Tia, Temperance, MI Wed Apr 7, 2010

What are the qualifications for Michigan State Real Estate Transfer Tax Credit (SRETT) and what documents do I need to provide as the seller?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Thom…, Agent, Lambertville, MI
Wed Apr 7, 2010

Here is the form you may be enquiring about:

as well as an additional link from the state of Michigan that may help:

We live in Temperance, if you are not currently working with a Realtor please feel free to contact me 734.395.4833 Michael Thompson with Key Realty.
0 votes
Cicely Brook…, , Birmingham, MI
Wed Apr 7, 2010
I am clueless as to your question. When you sell you owe a transfer tax to the state of $8.60/$1000 of selling price as well as any local(county) transfer tax. If your SEV at time of selling is less than the SEV when you bought, this may get waived. This is what you owe if not addressed in the purchase agreement. It can however be negotiated as part of the "deal". Presume you are using a Realtor who can explain all this to you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Temperance Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more