Home Selling in Enterprise>Question Details

Cm, Home Seller in Enterprise, AL

Should we upgrade the kitchen and baths or pay the loss?

Asked by Cm, Enterprise, AL Mon Feb 20, 2012

We just bought a home in Enterprise in July 2011 and now there is very high chance that we will be moving again in July 2012 to another state. We do not want to rent our home out. We just want to sell it. We are trying to decide if it will be better to upgrade the kitchen minus new cabinets because they are in good shape and upgrade the countertops in the bathrooms to granite or just take a loss on the house and pay the difference? We can do the upgrades in the house for around $7000 to $8000. Will this help sell the house faster and will it bring a higher price?

Thank you for your question. Kitchens and bathrooms sell homes. However, the location, style and age of the home are all factors to consider. I would be happy to provide you with estimated values either with upgrades and without. You are very welcome to call me at 3344648611 or email is sonya@teamlindasimmons.com. I hope to hear from you soon.
Hello Cm,

Getting your home in the best shape you can AFFORD to is always a plus.

Most buyers I have worked with are looking for upgrades. Kitchen and bath upgrades are great selling points.

The upgrade may not bring you a higher price, homes typically sale for market value. However the upgrades could attract more buyers and make your home sale faster. If a l buyer is looking at more than one home (most are) and they have to choose between a home with a nice newer kitchen and bath and one without, and the homes are priced the same or within a decent range of each other guess what? Newer kitchen and bath wins every time.

Make sure you hire a licensed contractor and have all the work permitted.

Best of Luck to You!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Great questions. Still depends on several factors. I would be happy to come talk to you guys and take a look at your specific situation. Just let me know.
You would really need to check with an agent in the area to see what features are selling the best. Putting too much more money into the home if you are moving may not be your best option.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing -
Web Reference: http://www.rodneymason.com