Should I sell a manufactured home (double wide) be myself or use a broker?

Asked by William Gregg, Portland, OR Fri Sep 7, 2012

I posted a couple questions on a manufactured home I have in a small town in Oklahoma a few days ago. Got some great answers from you folks. It was a home and lot combination.

I also have a another double-wide manufactured home down the street from it. Very nice home, about 10 years old, about 1800 sq ft. The only difference on this one is that it is the home only. I rent the lot, except for a crazy reason I get free rent now and for the next several months. I can sell it with this free rent offer.

I realize that it is tough to get financing on mobile homes, especially ones without a lot, and that have been moved more than once, and that are are not on a foundation.

My question is... should I sell this by myself or is this something that would be better for a broker to handle?

Thanks.

Answers

2
Jean Oxford, Agent, Branson, MO
Wed Sep 12, 2012
William,

In Oklahoma, you would have to sell both the land and trailer it sits on together in order for a REALTOR to help you. We are not allowed to sale just trailers.

Hope this helps!
Why do you call them trailers?? Is this your way of putting down manufactured homes?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Have you asked the owner of the trailer park if they would buy it?

Explore this avenue first.
Web Reference:  http://www.1ListingFee.com
No, that is not an option in this case.
William
Flag Fri Sep 7, 2012