Selling and moving a manufactured home.

Asked by groundhog4860, Gig Harbor, WA Sun Sep 2, 2012

How can I list with you a manufactured home in Gig Harbor I want to sell and have moved from current site?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nicole Caldw…, , Bremerton, WA
Wed Sep 5, 2012
You would be better to advertise yourself, sometimes people need temporary housing while they build or for a relative. If I can help call me. Donna Dilger Keller Williams Real Estate.360 731 2488
0 votes
John Barelli, Agent, Gig Harbor, WA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Depending on the age of the manufactured home, you may be able to sell it through a real estate broker, but most of the time an older (more than 5-10 years) manufactured home has very limited value. Many mobile home parks won't take them, and if the manufactured home has been moved from its original site, it can no longer be financed through FHA.

There are also other questions that need to be answered. First, was there a "title elimination" done? If so, then you'll need to check with Pierce County about re-titling the manufactured home so that it can be sold separately from the land. If there is a mortgage on the property, that may not be possible without the permission of the lien holder.

Often, owners of older manufactured homes find that the amount of time, effort and money needed to sell and move their manufactured home is worth more than they can get for it.
0 votes
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Find a local broker with experience with Mobile homes. Trulia does not accept FSBO's.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Gig Harbor Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more