Myrtle Dawki…, Home Buyer in The Oaks , milledgev...

Selling a home using Ameidream or another similiar program?

Asked by Myrtle Dawkins, The Oaks , milledgeville, ga Thu Sep 4, 2008

How do we find buyers who qualify but need asistance with down payment and or closing cost. We have a home in Florida that we need to sell. It has been on the market almost a year. Had two potential buyers but
deals fell thru.

if your home is priced right, and you are working with a realtor, there are buyers. most of the time it is all about the "PRICE"!! Why did the deals fall through--was the appraisal not high enough, was it a financing problem, credit problem, etc? The buyer will find you if your realtor is marketing the home at a price that the present market will bear, and preferrably can be seen as a "value" to a potential buyer.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
This is for Mike. I had another question. Should my Realtor work with the Buyer"s Realtor to benefit the buyer.
house listed 279,900-received offer 269,900 pre-approved-we dropped price. Buyer with Ameridream 3%dwn pmt and 4% closing-okay with that-after pying commission-walk away price near 234,000.okay with that. Asked for HUD Settlement-prolems began then. 2 loans-265,000 and 269,900 ours. We are selling not buying. We are on buyers insurance and she will provide reciept property tax pd by March of each yr. Then something about a buyer will executea purchase money note in form agreeable to Seller.Buyer will authorize Seller to obtain credit, etc We never agreed to any of this. I spoke with title agent-refused to answer questions. Then called my agent said did not know about Ameridream program and to stop caling her-after all she had other clients. mortgage Broker called me at 9pm-said Myrtle you ar BiPolar and we don't expect you to understand something as complicated as a contract. Why don't you just take one of your little pills and let us do our job. After all you have been hospitalized several times for depression. I said yes, I have been in some of the best mental facilities that BellSouth could pay for and not one of them taught me how to be stupid. If I were stupid, I would not be asking questions. I received a very-or I should say my husband-email with a threatened lawsuit from all parties involved-brokers,lender,title agent, both realtors, attorney fees etc.
I thought about that email-I do my best work after 12:00 am. I sent a 6 page email to Sen. Nelson and Martinex, Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite, HUD, FHA, Ameridream-all of above,FBI. a special one for the BUYER-she had already moved in my HOME. Due to close May 30,08.This was May 21.08. I emailed some other folks but can't remember now-remember I am Bi-polar . This was sent at 05-21,08 10:55 am. At 1:30pm 05-21,08, My husband received Buyer cancellation of contract and form for removal from MLS and to remove sign from home. My question to my representatives-should I not tell the truth on the HUD Settlement Statement. Truly I did not understand, or take my chance in State court. I choose the latter. I told my agent to pursue with the lawsuit because I did not think a judge would find me at fault if I did not understand the contract and I could not get any straight answers. A new contract with simple language that I could understand would be needed in order to close. I also included all of her emails-I needed clarification on 4 letters-ASAP. She stated on her emails that she always gave me extra time because of my illness which made the contract difficult for me to understand. I am a 2-yr college student with a 4.0 GPA, member of the PHI Theta Kappa Honor Society and a member of the National Dean's List.. Of couse, it has taken 3years due to my illness-I do have relapes from time to time.I call it my crisis time. My son was in the Navy and was kiled in 2005 on Mother's Day(crisis time) Because he had been to a Night club-his death was considered willful misconduct. I was told tht once the Rear Admiral rended a decision-it was never overturned. I had the right to respond-Military calls it a Reclama. It was overturned. It took me 3 months instead of 1.I successfully adopted my grandson Pro Se. Refused to Pay an attorney. I didn't mean to get into all of this,but it bothers me that the public at large still do not have a clue or understand what Mental ILLiness is. Thanks for being my sounding board today. I attended the DNC last week as a Delegate. I am also a Political Activist. Please don't consider this my resume. Sorry

Hello! First, if you're not working with a Realtor, do so. Second, make sure that you have your house priced right and its in ready condition to be sold and shown. It's hard to know what happened with the two potential buyers without knowing more details, becuase it could be any number of things, things that maybe had nothing to do with your house. If you are working with a Realtor, talk with them and see what can be done. It also could be you're doing everything right and "that buyer" just hasn't come along yet. It's so hard to know when "that buyer" is going to come. We just have to make sure that all the right things are in place and wait. I hope this helps. Good luck with the sale of your home.
You did not say if you were working with a realtor; if not that would be a start. You could also find a local mortgage broker and have them work with you.
Thanks, Ray
I think as of today, and as we get closer to Oct 1st, you will find that many of these programs have gone away. There are still some First time home buyer programs, it just depends who the buyer uses.