Sellers please tell me your single best opinion on what needs to be done to sell your property that has yet to be done ???

Asked by Michael Krieg, Grand Junction, CO Mon Jul 26, 2010

Answers

7
Kathy Shipley…, , Grand Junction, CO
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Pack things away you don't absolutely need. Make it look NEW and make it shine. Price it right and it will sell!
Mary Weaver…, , Glenwood Springs, CO
Mon Jul 26, 2010
I'm going to have fun with you Mike. I need a man to clean the yard up so the grass does not look like it is burnt to a crisp, to paint the house, stain my decks, wash the 2nd story windows that are only 30 feet off the ground, plant some pretty shrubs and flower gardens, hold my open houses, and wine and dine my buyers. Run full size front page ads on my home, at no cost to me, and bring me a buyer who will pay top dollar cash and not involve a bank or an appraiser and my Realtor not charge me a penny to do all this because he just loves to help out. OK, hope you have a big smile on your face, because Lord you asked. I love questions like this from fellow brokers.
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Hi Mike:

We have to agree Mary has a good sense of humor.

Since you end in...............it has to be done??

Well, if you have done everything its the price or the market.

If not, then staging, appearance, paint, brightness, eco-friendly, age, quality of upgrades, location-location-location, schools, crime stats, and if you cant influence or portray them, then give back the listing, its not worth it unless you are doing Open Houses and Picking Up Buyers.

Best
Perry
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Mike this is a great question, i look forward to reading what sellers write. It can help other sellers as well. I have an ongoing blog with this subject.

Thanks again for the good question, i'll be checking back to see what people think.
Dp2, , Virginia
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Well, terms matter too. Lowering the price, and opening up the terms will create an even better value proposition.
Dp2, , Virginia
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Dan, is that your "subtle" way of planting the thought in seller's minds to drop the price? :)
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Is this Question for Real? Most Sellers might say anything but what we do. As an Agent I FEEL like price the home right to start out with. It make no difference what the neighbor bought their home for 2 years ago and that you home is better in your opinion. Just price the home to sell and like Mary said make it look good.
Brian
http://www.highlandsranchexpert.com