Sell now or wait?

Asked by adchandler, "M" Streets, Dallas, TX Sat Aug 1, 2009

I currently live on the M-Streets and am considering selling my home. I have lived here for 7 years and love the area but recently got married and would like to buy a larger place with my new husband. We have some home improvement projects that need to be completed before the house is ready to be put on the market. I'm wondering if we should wait to sell the property because of the current market conditions? The M-Streets have always been a popular neighborhood but I know that it's definitely a buyers market right now. I'm just wondering if things are THAT bad on the M-Streets? If we aren't in a huge rush to move should we just sit tight for now?

Answers

7
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Fri Aug 7, 2009
Demand is high for M-Street properties and your purchasing power as a buyer is the strongest it has ever been. A great time to move up. Be sure to get pre-approved to buy before listing the house. I know that sounds like putting the cart before the horse, but lending rules have tightened. I even suggest previewing homes before listing your house on the M-Streets. You may be surprised how strong the demand is in your area, and you don't want to be scrambling to find a place. There are parts of Dallas that are in seller's market conditions, even though the media isn't doing a good job of getting that word out.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen - Realtor, Life Coach, and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com
follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/comingsoonhomes
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs - The Keith Dobbs Team
Web Reference:  http://www.keithdobbs.com
Amy Downs, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Your area has not really been effected by the economy. It is a great time to buy and sell in the Dallas area. If you would like to see what is happening in the real estate market surrounding your home, you can visit the link below. Input your inforamtion on your home, and a report will be sent to via email.

If you have further questions about what you should do or not do on improvements, I would be glad to set up a time to meet with you.

Your real estate resource,
Amy Downs, Realtor
Amy Downs & Associates, LLC
972.468.5136
http://www.teamdowns.com
Mattye Smith, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Aug 2, 2009
Hello Seller,

You are in a great area, and consumers are buying and selling home! Consider your time line in your decision making process.

Interest rates are still low, inventory is at a good level, real estate activity is picking up.

I am aware of someone looking to move into the M Street Area. If you are interested in providing more details send a private e-mail.

Mattye P. Smith
mattye.smith@vrimail.com

American Realtors
Becky Carr, , Dallas County, TX
Sun Aug 2, 2009
There will always be areas of town where demand is higher than the norm. This is true of the M streets. But it's also true that prices are lower now everywhere in general.

Roxanne is right about thinking as a buyer AND seller. The best time to buy is now and if you are thinking of moving up a bit from where you are, then this is even more true! You can find a great deal on a home for you and your husband right now while prices and interest rates are low. In a few years when the values go up again, your home will have instant equity. It's my opinion that you will gain more from selling now and buying now than selling later and buying later, but please consult a REALTOR that you feel comfortable with to help you through the process.

Good luck to you and please call if I can be of service!
Becky Carr, REALTOR
214-918-1686
Coldwell Banker APEX REALTORS
Roxanne DeBe…, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Aug 2, 2009
Adchandler,
When you think about a buyers or sellers market, you need to think like both like a buyer and a seller. If you are in a sellers market you may get more value for your home, but you are also going to pay more for your next home. In a buyers market you may not get quite as much for your home, but you will also not have to pay as much for the next one and will most likely get more for your money. I frequently get the questions should I buy now or should I sell now. It does depend on your motivation. You should look at what homes are selling for that you may want to purchase at this time. If the prices look good to you then you should move ahead with getting your home sold so you can get the best deal. Also, many buyers overlook the fact of interest rates. Today interest rates are very low and makes it a great time to buy. If those rates rise then it will cause you to pay more for the next home. It may also reduce the number of buyers able to purchase your home. There are many factors when it comes to selling your home and buying the next one. Take your time, speak to a realtor and get the information that will help you make an informed decision. Thank you for allowing the realtor community to assist you.

Roxanne
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Aug 2, 2009
ad,

Our recommendation is to contact a local real estate professional. A visit with them and a review of the right information should create the clearity you are seeking.

Request that the agent provide you with information on all of the recently sold homes in your location. This information will enlighten you on up to date real estate activity in your target location.

Best wishes with your decision.

The Eckler Team
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Aug 1, 2009
I love the M streets use to reside over there still have friends who own homes in M streets. Several options take under consideration all need discussed in detail determine what works best for you.

Purchase home you need 620 credit score 3.5% + downpayment

Contact my office
972-699-9111
Lynn911
National Featured Real Estate Agent, Mortgage loan officer
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com