Alexandra Go…,  in Chicago, IL

Rules and regulations before selling a home, put up sign, etc.

Asked by Alexandra Gonzalez, Chicago, IL Wed Sep 19, 2007

Answers

6
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Hi Alexandra:
I'm really not sure what you are alluding to. Please post more of an explanation. Are you an agent - or involved in a different area of real estate? As a RE Pro - this should be elementary - unless you aren't licensed.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Yes, Alexandra, if I was you, I'd check with my broker.

If my broker won't teach me the basic things like how to hold an open house or rules and regulations or how to market the house, etc; I'd drop them like a fly and find a new one who will give me all the support as fast as I can.

Don't think we can teach you all these because there is so much to know before you can be a successful agent.

Good luck.1
Sylvia
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Alexandra
I suggest you contact your broker. Your profile says you are a Realtor.
Keith
Web Reference:  http://www.realtor.org
Ruthless, , 60558
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Whoops. I didn't see that you were a Real Estate Pro. Feel free to give me a call but I don't know if I can really provide you any advice. (However, I am looking hire an energetic go-getter for my party business.)

As Patrick would say, get away from that thumbs down.

Ruth
Ruthless, , 60558
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Alexandra:
Cicero is difficult and unique. (To other agents that don't know Cicero, it is treated as if every home were FHA.) You want to interview three local agents and get lots of advice. You might want to get a home inspection before you put it on the market (but after asking the advice of a Cicero agent) and fix the things that will either hurt the saleability of the house or that the village will make you fix anyway. I would GUESS there are a lot of FSBOs in Cicero that THINK they have sold their home until all the complicated rules and regulations cause the sale to fall through.

I looked at buying a couple of "flip" homes in Cicero last summer and gave up because I was too afraid of what might happen when it came time to sell. I didn't dig too deeply into everything because I could GUESS how it works from having lived in Cicero back in 1990-1994. We moved because I refused to "grease the palm" of the building inspector in order to expand the second story of a bungalow.

This is the reason things are difficult now. So many properties were PROBABLY rehabbed without permits and those that did get permits MIGHT NOT have followed building code because you MIGHT be able to just slip the inspector some money.

All these CAPITAL words are my DISCLAIMER to slander vs gossip vs POSSIBLE fact. For those that do know Cicero, my husband and I think that a made for TV movie should be made about Betty Loren-Maltese and star Stockard Channing.

Ruth
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Sep 19, 2007
You need to be more specific..it all depends on where you live. If you are trying to sell the house yourself, make sure you understand the process...from your disclosures to prequalifying possible buyers.

Make sure you know what other houses in the neighbourhood that are most closely like yours actually sold for, NOT what they were asking.
Web Reference:  http://www.iansellsnola.com