Recommendation for a home inspector in West Cary NC? And expected price range...?

Asked by Steve, Wilmington, NC Thu Jan 31, 2008

Selling this Spring, getting termite inspection next week, would like to know that the house is sound and small problems found and fixed now

Answers

4
Ray Williams…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Feb 6, 2008
Home inspections can cost anywhere from $300 to $500. It's a great idea to get one done before selling your home, it will allow you to negotiate a better price. I would recommend Michael Edmonds at Carolina Home Check phone number is 847-1843. I'm a Realtor and recommend him to my clients and he inspects my own home. There is a $125 off coupon that Realtors have that they may or may not honor for sellers, ask and let me know if you would like me to order for you, so that you can get the discount. Ray@DreamLivingNC.com
Krista Abshu…, Agent, Fuquay Varina, NC
Mon Aug 17, 2009
I also use highly recomend Ed Kiley with Certified Residential Inspectors. (phone number 919-852-4005) I had him complete my inspection on my personal home when buying and he did a great job. He also will take the time to walk you through the inspection report versus just sending it to you for you to figure out on your own! Best of luck and Kudos for you for getting your home pre-inspected. So many sellers do not understand the value in this. Then they are upset later when the buyer of their home has an inspection and more items need repaired with thier home than they would have thought.
Best of luck with selling!
Krista
Tracy Santro…, Agent, Cary, NC
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Certified Residential Inspectors -Ed Kiley lives in West Park and has plenty of experience. 852-4005
M. Mcc-spenc…, , Charlotte, NC
Fri Aug 22, 2008
Don't know if you are still looking for a home inspector in the Cary area but just in case, let me recommend checking out First Step Home Inspections. The owner is my brother, and before you dismiss my recommendation outright, let me say this. If you are looking from an honest and forthright inspector, he's it. He inspected our house here in the Charlotte are when we purchased it 2 years ago, and everything he said should have been fixed by the seller, and we let them off the hook, has required attention in the last . We just chose to ignore it. My brother was a auto body technician for years and his attention to detail in that industry , and in his life, has carried over into his work as a Home Inspector. So if you are looking for a home inspector in the Cary/Raleigh/Durham area that is going to tell you the truth, the good, the bad and the ugly, either as a buyer or a seller preparing to put your house on the market, he's the one to contact. .You can say his sister sent you to him but Matt prices his services fairly and even we don't get family discounts or referral points. His web site is http://www.firststephomeinspections.com. Good luck.