C, Other/Just Looking in

Realtor listed home and address shows Phoenix area instead of Anthem???

Asked by C, Tue May 13, 2008

We listed our house about a week ago and just wondering why our house is showing as a Phoenix address not Anthem. Worried it will loose potential clients with that address. Our realtor says our address has to match our tax ID to be posted, is this correct?

Answers

4
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue May 13, 2008
Anthem is a subdivision name and the community is located in an area annexed by the City of Phoenix. When an agent puts in the 85086 zip code in the MLS, the system automatically populates the listing with a Phoenix address.

If someone is searching the MLS and types in Anthem in the City field, your home should show up.
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Tue May 13, 2008
Yes. The MLS requires that input be accurate.
Kathleen Maz…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Feb 11, 2009
I am a real estate agent that lives in the Phoenix side of Anthem...the west side. I would recommend that your agent put "Anthem" as the subdivision and marketing name in the MLS. The zip code for the west side of Anthem is 85087. Some agents from other parts of Phoenix don't realize Anthem has two zip codes 85086 & 85087. It would be important to have Anthem in the description too.

Anthem, AZ will be featured on HGTV House Hunters on March 25th. I am hoping the national exposure will help potential buyers notice ANTHEM. Be sure to check out my blog for the latest home sales stats for Anthem.
Web Reference:  http://www.KathleenInAZ.com
Jerry Murphy, Agent, Anthem, AZ
Sun May 25, 2008
Hi C,

I am a Realtor and resident of Anthem. It may actually benefit you for your home to be listed as a Phoenix address. We in Anthem tend to think the whole world knows about us. But in truth, sadly, they don't. So when out of state folks put searches in for homes in Arizona, they're most likely just going to enter "Phoenix" into their search field. And viola, your home will appear.