Question about value and selling home, I need a realestate agent that is going to work hard for me to get things done, and be creative and helpful.

Asked by Sek12345, Pasadena, MD Tue Jul 19, 2011

I have a home on 231st Street, Pasadena, Maryland, 21122, 2 story, 2.5 baths, 1456 sf., w/1.79 acres or 77,972 sf. of land, Trane central ac/heating, public water & sewer, basement, basket ball ct, large gravel driveway and covered front porch/deck, maple cabinetrys, hardwood floors and tile, I would like to know a rough idea of its value, it has also been sub-divided, (Major Sub-division), for 2 additional lots ready to build approx, 06/18/2012, I am very very serious about selling it as long as the price is right so advise on selling it would be helpful, I need an agent that can be creative, helpful and knowledgable about curb appeal, thanks, Sean.Statewidedb@aol.com.

Answers

16
Jase Williams, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Ask the agent how and where they will be marketing your property. have them show you. I always include video DVDs with home books, they are less likely to get thrown away by potential buyers than a paper flyer, and are cheap to produce...
Paul Robinson, Agent, Crownsville, MD
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Hello Sean, the best advice I can give you on searching for a Real Estate agent that you will hire to list your home is, do not base your decision solely on the price. You have indicated in your inquiry that you are a serious seller as long as the Price is Right.. Unlike the game show the agent does not set the market value of the home, the current Real Estate market dictates the value. A skilled agent will determine this value range of your home based on detailed analysis of Sold, Under Contract, Active and Expired listings and prepare a Comparative Market Analysis for you to determine your homes range of value. It is imperative to list all properties in their proper range of value to achieve the highest sold amount in price in the least amount of time.
Also regarding the additional lots that have been subdivided I can also provide you with a list of reputable builders to choose from that would be interested in viewing your lots and would be in the position to make fair market offers on the lots.

Hope this information has been helpful, please advise if I can be of any further assistance,

Best Regards, Paul
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Hi Sek12345, have you sold your home? If not I am happy to help you.
Jessica Hood…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Sun Dec 16, 2012
You'll always want to look for an agent with a great on-line marketing plan as that is where buyers are starting their home search these days. They should have good national and local coverage and be found on Google for search terms relating to your home.
Curtis LeMay, Agent, PASADENA, MD
Sun Dec 16, 2012
i can be of help live in pasadena myself very knowable of the green haven area
Ellen Cerasu…, Agent, PASADENA, MD
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Ellie Cerasuolo, GRI Broker/Owner
Executive Choice Realty, Inc.
443-278-3800

I work in Pasadena exclusively; and have for several years. In the Business since 1990. I have the knowledge of the market and the creativity to market and sell your home for it's TOP Dollar. Don't settle for less when you can hire the best! Call me asap.
Ellen Cerasu…, Agent, PASADENA, MD
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Ellie Cerasuolo, GRI Broker/Owner
Executive Choice Realty, Inc.
443-278-3800

Christine Jo…, , Severna Park, MD
Wed Jul 20, 2011
Sean,
I am a real estate agent who lives and works in Severna Park and Pasadena. I recently joined Jean Andrews in her office and we work side by side everyday doing everything possible in getting our listings sold. Our marketing plan and with Jeans expierence in over $250 million in sales we get the job done. We would love to meet with you about selling your unique property with the lots. Pricing and marketing plan are what work. Please visit her website listed below, follow me on twitter at @21146homes and give us a call. We would love to meet with you.
Christine Joyce, GRI, ePro
410-975-3287
Web Reference:  http://JeanAndrews.com
Jackie Krem…, Agent, Hanover, MD
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Hi Sean,
I know I can help you. I live in Pasadena, have relatives in Green Haven and have sold many homes including new construction on spot lots as yours. You didn't mention how big each lot was and if you have access to the water and sewer hook ups. This will change the value. Please contact me by phone or email and we can discuss all your options and price ranges for the lots and your house. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Jackie Kremer- Grove
Realty Masters
443-336-8887(direct)
Jackikremer@aol.com
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Seller,
I'm nowhere near you, so I just have a few words of advice. Selling your home for the most money usually means pricing it right from the start. You may be tempted to "just try it at this price for a while" which is higher than the best agent suggests. You would be making a common error which will cost you money.
In many cases, the longer a home sits on the market, the lower the selling price will be. Some agents specialize in getting listings. They will accept whatever price you want to get their sign on a number of houses advertising their business. Others see the signs and assume they must be good they have so many listings. If they are selling their listings, they are good. If a large number of the listings are canceled or expired, they may not be. One strategy for these agents is to overprice up front and over time just drop the price until it sells or expires. If an agent does this enough, they may a good living through the few that sell.
The best agents will tell you the truth about where the market is now and encourage you to price it right. They won't likely have the highest price, but may not be the lowest either.
In interviewing agents look for the ones who "sell" the majority of their listings in a reasonable time frame.
Robert McArt…, Agent, Fallston, MD
Tue Jul 19, 2011
I would be more than happy to help you Market and Sell your home. I am a listing agent with Long and Foster.
Check out my most recent Visual Tours and let me help you achieve the same level of excitement in the marketplace.

http://www.tourfactory.com/765215

http://www.tourfactory.com/760158
Jessica Hood…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Hi Sean,

Hoping you'll check our website, view our stats and sales history then e-mail me if you'd like to review our marketing plan. Our team has maintained an average days on market in the 40 - 45 day range for the past three years when the market has been so difficult. We sell more because we DO more! And we've got the best Internet coverage available in the Fort Meade area.
Michele Monti, , 21405
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Green Haven!. You have a unique opportunity... There are a varieety of ways you can approach the sale. Sell the single family home and the lots seperatley. Definatley need an agent with builder access. I have that by the way. Sale prices vary from 199 to the low 300's for resales since thie first of this year.

I would prefer to meet with and tour the property rather than offer my professional opinion in a public forum such as this.. I have sold and listed numerous homes in Green Haven hence I know it well. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can arrange a time convenient for both of us so that I may tour your home and land. 410-841-8295 is my cell or michele.monti@century21.com
Charles Flynn, , Maryland
Tue Jul 19, 2011
If you are a realistic seller and are comfortable with your agent you shouldn't have any trouble. I would be happy to help list and market your home. Call me if you would like to discuss your home.
Eric Lewis, Agent, Columbia, MD
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Sean,

I would be more than happy to sit with you and discuss the value of your property as well as come up with some creative marketing ideas to get the home sold for the price you are happy with. Please contact me at your convenience and we can set up an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Eric
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Consider interviewing a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask for opinions and determine a value, possibly hire one of those agents as your listing agent. Since you state "I am very very serious about selling it as long as the price is right ", keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend; market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place. In setting a price, it is in your best interest to focus on the current market conditions in conjunction with general economic value projections over the next six months...