I have mixed results on my two open houses. One has great turn out, but that's a house within a certain price range in an desirable neighborhood.
The other has no showings, but that's a short sale town home, which is in the category of difficult to sell property.
So, my result is as predicted.
Personally, I don't think I really anticipated National Open House Day to be able to draw a huge amount of buyers the first time around because although it has quite a few endorsements due to the hard work of quite a few of the Trulians on this board, this is still the first ever event.
The main reason why we started this event is to bring positive synergy into the slower Real Estate market, to have a new way to promote our seller's properties, and to unite Realtors from across the nation to spread the message that there are bright spots in the real estate landscape. I think we accomplished all that!
My anticipation is that it will be much easier to get this event going next year -
- The Realtors that sign up this year will be familiar with the even next year
- We have a few medium, forums, and press contacts to publicize the event
- We have developed quite a few tools which can be modified and use again next year
- We know what works and what does not, it will be much better next year.
- Trulia will be much more supportive sine they saw what we were really able to do with just a few volunteers. I am sureTrulia probably also noticed that some press coverages and brokerages supports which there would have been none if the few Trulias have not started this effort. So, I anticipate we will have a bigger presence on Trulia next year.
Thanks to Patrick, Deborah, Heather, Ruth and Paul for getting get this started - there were so many fence sitters waiting to see what will happen (or NOT), and I am so glad we all hang in there through thick and thin and make this happen.
Thanks to others, such as Ute and Mansur who stepped up, although later in the game, but they went over and beyond to promote the event and thanks to all the Realtors who participated!
So, let's start plan for next year - are we going to do a spring one and a fall one in 2008? :-)