Paid 295k in '05; should I sell two bedroom lakeview home in Pinebrook South. I have no reason to sell other than I'd like a maintenance

Asked by Nonna70, 34285 Mon May 16, 2011

free home?

Answers

9
Laura Harris, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue May 17, 2011
Dear Nonna,

I searched the MLS (Realtors Search) system to see what has sold in Pinebrook in the last 6 months. There were 6 properties, and they sold in the range of $150 to $251k. Some of which had pools, and some were lake view properties. Currently there are 13 properties listed for sale and they range from $140 to $260k.

Without knowing more about your situation or your property, you could have a problem selling for a profit or breaking even. You see, the appraisers (if there is a mortgage involved) will use the comparables (properties that have sold in the last 6 months that most closely match the criteria of subject property, and are within an arms length). Which means they will most likely use the sold comps in Pinebrook.

Pinebrook is a lovely community located close to several golf courses, private and public. Shopping, from boutique to souvenirs. Restaurants, from water front seafood and steaks,to gourmet bakeries, pizza parlors and other traditional fare. Beautiful beaches for sunning, walking, swimming, snorkling,shelling and shark teeth hunting. And of course boating and fishing in the gulf or Inter coastal waterways.

As you can see, I have a lot to say about Venice. I live here and love our community. I am a 20 year Real Estate Broker and serve the surrounding Sarasota, Charlotte and Manatee counties; Bradenton, Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Longboat Key, Saint Armands, Siesta Key, Casey Key, Osprey, Nokomis, Venice, Englewood, Manasota Key, North Port, Port Charlotte,and Punta Gorda.

If I can help you with your real estate needs, I would be happy to offer my services. Thank you Nonna.

LAURA HARRIS
Broker-Associate
CLUB REALTY
Of 941-366-8390
Cell 941-586-6963
Fx 888-506-2930
3800 S. Tamiami Trl Suite 303
Sarasota, FL 34237
My Web Page http://www.LauraHarrisRealtor.com

To search for properties http://www.MyClubRealty.com/LauraHarris
Robert Seth-…, Other Pro, Bradenton, FL
Thu May 23, 2013
A pre-listing inspection has great value when trying to sell fast. Most homes will have an inspection before the sale is completed, 90% of the time it is paid for by the buyer but the benefits of having a seller have a pre-listing inspection are huge.

5 reasons you should have a Pre-Listing Inspection.

1. Buyers are 89% more confident when they see a property with a pre-inspection report.

2. Property sells 30% faster when they have a pre-inspection report.

3. Pre-inspection reports elevate unnecessary negotiations and discounts.

4. Pre-inspection report helps the seller get more for there property.

5. Helps your home sell Faster and with less aggravation.

How many times have deals fallen apart because of a hidden fault?
How much time have you waisted because of a hidden defect?

Pre-listing home inspections performed for the seller are now becoming the first step in fast tracking the sale. By moving the inspection to the beginning of the sales cycle agents are able to shorten the process by removing obstacles before they can interfere with a potential sale. Pre-listing home inspections are not new. They have been a part of the home inspection business for a number of years but are now being recognized as a valuable sales tool.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu May 16, 2013
If you're downsizing I would wait. If you're buying a more expensive home, don't wait.
Rick Taylor, , Venice, FL
Thu May 16, 2013
I am a local agent here in Venice with Coldwell Banker. You need alot questions answered and I would be happy to meet with you, discuss the price of your home, how much it will sell for, how long on the market it will take, what we do to market your home, and supply you a Net Sheet, showing you how much equity the seller will recieve at closing.

Then you will have an exact amount of money to budget with and know how much you can afford to buy another home or stay where you are at until your buget allows you what you want. Call me to set an appointment and I will get you what you want in the time you want. Won't that be great!
Charryl Youm…, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue May 17, 2011
Hello, Nonna. Happy Tuesday to you.

We all know that market values have changed.

What's most important to me is what makes my customers happy.

If you are ready for a lifestyle change that will save you time and money, take comfort in that you live in a popular community and should be able to sell your home easily.

There are some really nice villas in Venice that look, feel and live like a house, with a garage and a community pool, and frequently - a clubhouse with lots of opportunities to make friends and have fun.

All for a lot less $$$, in terms of maintenance, insurance, utilities, and real estate taxes.

So, if that would make you happy, I hope you explore that option and see what is out there.

Enjoy your day.

Charryl Youman

Prudential Florida Realty, Venice
Faye Doyle, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue May 17, 2011
Hello Nonna70,
We are currently selling at 2003 list price on the normal home. You purchased your home at the height of the market. Prior to making the decision to move forward with the listing and sale of your home you really need a Realtor to come in and do a realistic anylalasis of the value of your home in this market. Your decision to sell may be predicated upon the value and the "Seller's Net" that the Realtor will also provide you.

One must remember, however, to also consider that although you may be getting less for your home, you will also be paying 2003 prices for the property you will be purchasing. You may end up getting a better property for less money, or a lower mortgage payment, than the property you currently own.

I encourage you to call me directly for more information or an appointment to evaluate your home value.

Faye Doyle, Realtor
941-504-7496
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue May 17, 2011
Hi Nonna,

Have you consided hiring a lawn service?

If you jump into a maintenance free community it may cost you more per month than hiring contractors to maintain your existing home. Nowadays with so many non-paying homeowners in a condo or homeowners association your monthly maintenance fee could be very high and you will have little control.

Take a look at this interesting website about living in a condo or HOA:

http://ccfj.net/

Alma
Shawn Philli…, , Sarasota County, FL
Mon May 16, 2011
Your individual situation should be evaluated with the help of a professional. Give me a call and I'll help you work through this. 941-416-1683.
Web Reference:  http://www.sarasotashawn.com
Trish Chandl…, Other Pro, Bradenton, FL
Mon May 16, 2011
Call Diane Fuchs 941-266-8006. She is the best Realtor in Sarasota county. Sells them FAST !!!
That is my recommendation to you.