Open Houses???

Asked by Donna LaConte, Waynesville, NC Thu May 14, 2009

I have Open Houses for my Sellers .... I wanted to see what others are doing to boost attendance or any other Open House tips they would like to share. What works....What doesn't work. Thanks! Donna (I have a couple coming up this month...thanks for input!)

Answers

3
Hazel Hendrix, Agent, Statesboro, GA
Wed Mar 31, 2010
Our entire board is participating in the National Association of REALTORS Open House weekend in April. We are a small board, yeat plan to have over 60 house open.
Phil Bailey, Agent, Deland, FL
Wed Nov 18, 2009
I haven't done any in the past few months. This time of year they are difficult. I was doing very well with them this summer by using a 4 by 4 method. I print color flyers with photos, property info and the open house date. I actually walked 4 blocks in each direction and placed the flyers on door with doorhangers. I was doing 2 open houses a month this way. It was good excersize and created some good turnouts. I also got two listings this way.
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Thu May 14, 2009
I,m not doing many. it seems that very few people want to spend their weekends traveling around looking at homes when it's so much easier to use the internet. i have had open Houses in conjunction with another agent where we could not get anyone to come out,even with the offer of a raffle for cash prize.