My wife has a power of attorney for home that we had applied for which had been turned down. How can my wife get a power of attorney for a new house?

Asked by robb131, New York, NY Tue Apr 23, 2013

The lending company needs a power of attorney that has the address of the home we are currently applying for. I am an overseas contractor in Afghanistan, I do not have access to any legal department or even notary public.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Easy as pie really... Either your lender or the title company can get one drawn up for you. Both title and the Lender will have to approve it. Cost is usually between $50 and $85 depending on the title company, and can either be paid for up front, or put on the settlement statement at closing. :)

That's a very simple one.

If you don't already have a really strong agent or a super aggressive lender.. shoot me an e-mail or send me a text message.. I'd be glad to walk you through all of it step by step. It's really nowhere near as hard as people make it out to be.. :)

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
0 votes
Sue Baillio, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Apr 24, 2013
If you are working with a Realtor in the purchase of a home, he or she should be able to help you with this. Most often, my clients are able to work with the title company involved with the closing and they are able to set up the "specific power of attorney". This scenario happens often with military buyers, it should be an easy fix.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more