My son recently passed and I am looking for a lender to allow his fiancée to purchase the home they shared. I am the pr. She has some credit issues

Asked by Darin, Spokane, MO Mon Jun 13, 2011

I am pr and am flexible.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Darin, Home Seller, Spokane, MO
Mon Jun 13, 2011
He owed little on house. No survivorship because they weren't wed. Estate needs some proceeds for expenses.
0 votes
Derek Raynor, , 90027
Mon Jun 13, 2011
First off Sheila, I am sorry for your loss. But to help answer your question, I would recommend that she contact a real estate attorney and try to what options there are for the title to be able to pass to her through right of survivorship. It should not cost too much for just a consultation and you may even be able to contact the lender and see what they have to offer first.
0 votes
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Mon Jun 13, 2011
Depending on how soon the mortgage needs to be change, it may be worthwhile for your son's fiance to do some credit repair. This would both improve her chances of lender approval and likely improve the rate she would pay.
Some mortgage brokers offer credit examination and tips for improvement as part of their normal business. If you need to move quickly, Wells Fargo offers the most flexible terms I'm aware of on FHA loans through their local branches.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more