My sister and I are trying to sell our family home we inherited in 2007. We put a lot of time and effort in

Asked by Ksmith58, Kettering, OH Wed Aug 26, 2009

renovating the entire interior and exterior. We had a woman sign a contract in June with closing planned for July 31. We received no communication from our realtor or anyone. Her realtor will not return calls to our realtor and essentially the contract should have expired on that date. 4 days later her realtor submitted a request for extension until Aug 27 and that is not going to happen either. They have yet to request another extension and at this point my sister and I are at a point we may not allow another extension. The buyer had an inspection in July and we were given 10 days to fix what was wrong by the 7/31 close. We then found that her loan papers had not been processed at all. Had we known that at the time we would not agreed to get things done in 10 days. We have to initiate every bit of conversation with our realtor and still receive no answers. What rights do we have?

Answers

7
Matthew Bart…, Agent, Glendora, CA
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Hi Ksmith,58,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would would recommend that you first setup a meeting with your Broker and your Realtor. Find out what they both feel your next step should be. Secondly, I recommend that you speak with a Lawyer that specializes in Real Estate Law. Good luck!

Matt
Fred Griffin, , Tallahassee, FL
Wed Aug 26, 2009
"We then found that her loan papers had not been processed at all".

"Calls not returned, etc."

Based on what you are saying here, there may be serious Legal Issues between you and the Real Estate Broker(s).

See a Real Estate Attorney immediately.

----------
Best wishes,
Fred
----------
Christina Ca…, Agent, Washington Township, OH
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Ksmith58,

I am so very sorry you had this bad experience, and I hope it doesn't ruin your opinion of Realtors in general. It sounds as if you have met all of your contractual obligations and the buyer has not. You must be way past the inspection time period according to your sales agreement. You have many options at this point: you can contact an attorney and seek legal action with the buyer, you can extend the contract with a contingency that if you receive another offer then the current buyer can close within 48 hours otherwise the contract is void and you will respond to the new offer, or you can place the home back on the market in order to find a prequalified, willing, and able buyer. I would also recommend asking the buyer for at least $1,000 earnest money to avoid this trouble again. If you happen to have any other questions, then please feel free to contact me at anytime. We have in-house mortgage, title, and home warranty so there are many real estate professionals in my office that would be happy to assist you in anyway we can without obligation. I hope this situation works out well for you.

P.S. For all your real estate needs, please contact us - we would welcome the opportunity to serve you!

Christina Asad Edwards

Realtor, RRS, eAgent, Recruitment/Development Manager

Christina.Asad@RealLiving.com

Office 937-573-0082

Cell/Text 937-205-4741

http://www.DaytonOhioHouse.com

Real Living Realty Services

One of the fastest-growing real estate franchisors in the nation.
Dontwanatell, , Dayton, OH
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Contact the Ohio Division of Real Estate and thing will start happening.
Mary Starkey, , Dayton, OH
Wed Aug 26, 2009
I suggest you contact the broker for the real estate company which your agent works. He can then get the story from your agent and hopefully get the truth. I had a similar experience but thankfully, the buyer's agent was very cooperative and I had to put the home back on the market when the buyers could not get a loan.
Web Reference:  http://www.marystarkey.com
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Bless your heart! I hope these answers give you some relief and you get some sleep tonight. I know 2 good real estate attorneys:

Charles Blue
401 E Stroop Rd
Kettering, OH 45429-2829
(937) 298-1054
http://www.mccmlawyers.com/

The other attorney's contact information is on my desk at my office in Centerville, so please feel free to contact me if you would like his information also and I will get that for you.

Christina Asad Edwards

Christina.Asad@RealLiving.com

Office 937-573-0082

Cell/Text 937-205-4741
http://www.DaytonOhioHouse.com

Real Living Realty Services

Ksmith58, Home Seller, Kettering, OH
Wed Aug 26, 2009
I want to thank you all for such quick responses, this gives me some things to present to our realtor tomorrow. I have not slept in a couple days worrying about this. The buyer has requested twice that we rent to her and we have said firmly no. Our realtor suggested we do a dry close and sign the papers on our end and then she can sign when her loan is completed and again we said no. I will look at getting a real estate attorney. This is a first for both my sister and I and boy has it been a learning curve.
I'm in Bellbrook Ohio not NYC
Flag Tue Nov 20, 2012
I would like to know who your Realtor is So I can stay from him or Her, don't sound very professional.
Flag Tue Nov 20, 2012