My realtor says that Trulia sweeps the internet for new listings, but my Greenbelt home isn't there. How do I list it?

Asked by crstur, Westlake, OH Tue Jul 9, 2013

My home went on the market in Greenbelt, MD on June 9, 2013. Is there a way for me to list it? for my realtor to list it? How does this happen?

Answers

6
The Roskelly…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Tue Jul 9, 2013
If your home was going to show up on Trulia it would have already done so. It normally takes less than five days from MLS entry to be picked up here.

There are a couple of ways that you can get your home on Trulia:

The first is through a syndication feed from your agent's Broker or website provider. The broker must be signed up to share listings on line AND the Realtor who entered the MLS listing must check YES on sharing the listing information with other brokers.

The second way is absolutely free to your agent. All he/she has to do is set up a Trulia account and then enter your listing information (be sure the photos are all in there). Just go to Trulia.com and in the top right corner click on "For Professionals" to sign up.
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sat Mar 22, 2014

if your realtor has a profile. he can add it under the MLS on his profile and it will appear on Trulia.
Mo Davis, Agent, Clinton, MD
Tue Jul 9, 2013
If all else fails,enter your property address, then click edit details. From there, you'll select your name and be able to edit the listing. Your Realtor, can also add the listing to Trulia as Richard stated.
Tony McMahon, Agent, WHITE PLAINS, MD
Tue Jul 9, 2013
If you just listed it. it may take a few days to show up, Your Realtor can also manually add it, but that would create a duplicate.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Trulia receives real estate data from ListHub.

Trulia does NOT receive real estate data from local Multiple Listing Services.
Listhub or Truila will change data, supress data or substitute data at their descretion.
Eventually...Listhub will foward this data to Trulia.
Or,
your agent can enter it manually.

There are hundreds if not thousands of websites containing real estate data. Your agent should not be expected to manually enter in all of them.

If your home DOES appear in the LOCAL MLS, be assured the MLS is where the real buyers are and exactly where your home needs to appear to benefit from the collective resources of all area REALTORS(R)
Richard Cant…, Agent, Greenbelt, MD
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Your realtor should list it for you. He or she needs to input it directly themselves. Good luck!