My realtor is lowering the asking price on my home without my permission. I cannot afford to sell for the lower price. How do I fix this on MLS?

Asked by Seller 2, Brookhaven, PA Sun Jan 12, 2014

Answers

20
Mike McCann, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Feb 25, 2015

?Absolutely not! This is not allowed. My suggestion would be to contact the broker and then your local realtor association and file a complaint.? I hope this helps answer your question! Best of luck!

Mike McCann,
"The Real Estate Man" & The McCann Team
BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors
530 Walnut St Suite 260 Phila PA 19106
o 215.627.6005 | d 215.440.8345
http://www.McCannTeam.com
Meet the McCann Team!
Jennifer Ged…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but hopefully you are able to resolve by speaking with the Realtor representing you. Sometimes public websites pull the incorrect information, so maybe it is just an error, but either way, you only have to sell the home for the price you accept.
If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. Good luck.

Jennifer

Jennifer L Geddes, MBA
Tri-County Realty
JennPhilaRealtor@gmail.com
484-995-2155 mobile
My Realtor has refused to fix the price and I asked to end our contract. The last listing price which I DID NOT agree to is still available in the MLS. How do I go about reporting this beyond my realtor's office, who is refusing to do anything about it?
Flag Sat Jan 18, 2014
Annyjune24, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Dec 9, 2016
My property manager (realtor) talked to my tenants to check if they were interested in purchasing our home when they said yes he priced our house without checking with us the owners. He gave them a price that was completely out of the question and he gave them a time frame to do this because he was going on a trip and needed his commission! He called me to inform me the price and how much i would get after his money was taken out, my husband was furious and asked him if he had told the price to the tenants and he denied this! We fired him then when we spoke to the tenants they indeed said that they had discussed price. I was feeling awful for firing him but i was so angry he did this without our consent.. Is what he did legal?
I am in Florida not PA
Flag Fri Dec 9, 2016
Rfmlcmnn, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Rfmlcmnn, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Rfmlcmnn, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Mike Burnett, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Aug 15, 2015
In florida you could fire them for that, I would call the agent and express your anger, then if nothing is done, call their broker and if thats goes no where call your states division that handles real estate complaint, file a dispute. Good Luck
thank you...my agent did this to me.....he is new but we price adjusted the house for the market change by 30k He dropped it 25k and then 2 weeks later reduced by the other 5k! I already ripped him a new one and WONT EVER use an agent again. I have cancer and am too sick to do it myself was attempting to make my life easier....now he made me a desperate seller and got LOW BALL offer South Florida
Flag Tue Sep 6, 2016
Mark Saunders, Agent, North East, MD
Wed Aug 12, 2015
only your realtor can fix / maybe it was just a they miss understood but if they still change reach out to there broker
thinz, Agent, Allenhurst, NJ
Mon May 11, 2015
There are a lot of unknowns regarding this question - for example what are the reasons why you can't afford to sell at a lower price? Before assuming the agent did anything wrong, did you have the agent or someone else from the office sign a limited power of attorney for the sale of your property?

Regarding the price, keep in mind that if the home is not selling at the price listed, do you already know how long you can afford to carry it waiting for it to sell at the higher price - which quite possibly may not happen? If so, great, if not you need to understand that and if you can't afford to carry it, lower the price until you get an offer. While many like to get the highest price possible, it isn't always possible and you have to think of alternatives like a short sale...or renting out the property.

Again, other information is not known that would make answering this question more spot on..Tom Hinz http://www.shortsaletosell.com.
Julie Kimmel, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Feb 1, 2015
Talk to the agent, then to the broker, and then to their state board.
Cindy, Both Buyer And Seller, Fort Johnson, NY
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Turn him into the State for breaking his fiduciary obligation to you. Regaining your price is impossible now. You must hire an attorney and make the broker pay.
Joe Mullica, Agent, Pennsauken, NJ
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Annette hit the nail right on the head with this one. A real one on one conversation is due.
In Pennsylvania as well. Either something else is going on here, on a complaint needs to be filed with the PA Real Estate Commission.
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Lowering the listing price of your home requires your written consent in California.
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Wait a minute!
Where are you seeing the price discrepancy? Show us the link. Paste it right into your response.
-
When you as the homeowner CHOOSE to advertise your home for sale on sites like Zillow and Trulia, you have forfeited the control of your home data...FOREVER. This includes a future deception of price! If your agent did not advise you so, that should be the issue you must focus on. Long lived hazard and liability has been created. As a home owner seeking to sell, websites like Zillow and Truila bring you NO REAL VALUE. Real buyers have acccess to the MLS.
-
It is crucial to confirm "where" the wrong price is displayed. You have been well advised by other responders. You still have fulll control regarding what price at which your home will sell. so the issue is not as dramatic as it seems.
-
If the incorrect price is appearing in your local MLS. your question needs to be turned towards your REALTOR, NOT strangers on the internet. Doesn't that make sense?
-
Second guessing your agent, assuming the worst before making a phone call suggests other issues exist. Time to have a real chat and recommit to your purpose and pathway to success.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
Palm Harbor University High School distirct
http://annettelawrence.mfr.mlxchange.com/?Page=-1
achesonprope…, Home Owner, 19148
Sun Jan 12, 2014
All due respect but that doesnt make any sense. Are you sure its not a mistake you are seeing on a third party a website? Tell your agent immediately and if they do not change it them file a complaint
Don Sherman, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Hello;
Your agent cannot legally change anything that is in your contract without your written permission. Tell your agent to put the price back to where you agreed.If he or she will not,either fire the agent by a written letter to the broker of the office or if you wish to stay with the agent, tell them you will file a complaint with their board of R ealtors and the real estate commission.I assure you the agent will put the price back with that threat.If the agent will not change the price at that point, then file those complaints.
Don Sherman
Century21 Advantage Gold
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
Victoria A M…, , Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014

Speak to your realtor and ask him why would he/she would lower the price and request them to fix it. If the situation isn't handled than speak to the broker of record/managing broker and ask them to fix it. You would have to go through your realtor/brokerage to fix the price on the MLS.

Good Luck

Victoria Mack
The Mack Group
Keller Williams Real Estate - Media
1400 N. Providence Rd, Building II, Suite 1000
Media, PA 19063
O: 610-565-1995
C: 267-918-6322
Web: http://www.themackgroup.org
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Hi Seller 2,

I don't understand why your agent would lower the price on the MLS without your permission. Your agent or his Broker (Manager/Supervisor of the Office) would have to change the price in the system.

It was probably just a mistake or misunderstanding. It would not benefit your listing agent to do that knowing that you can't afford to sell it for the lower price.

However, if you owe a mortgage amount higher than your home's current value, you could possibly short sell it. A short sale is where you get the mortgage company to accept less than the mortgage balance and release you from the balance of the debt. This is a much better alternative than allowing it to go to foreclosure.

If you don't have to sell right now, and you can't currently secure an offer that satisfies you, I suggest you withdraw the house from the market and stay there or rent it out to cover the mortgage payments temporarily until the market conditions change in your favor.

I would suggest you call your agent and schedule a meeting to discuss the situation. I doubt your agent wants to waste his/her time marketing a house that you aren't willing to sell at current market value. Realtors want to sell properties, not upset their clients then never get to the settlement table. Most Realtors wish to keep their clients happy and protect their reputation. I'm sure you can get this resolved pretty quickly.

Good luck with the sale of your house.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell: (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
First of all please don't get upset because your property can only be sold for the amount you accept. Just call the Broker of record and explain that you have not authorized a price reduction and please correct it. Before any price change there has to be a change to the Listing Contract signed by you. If you have any questions please call me at 267-934-1971

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
Market Force Realty
801 W. Street Rd
Feasterville, PA 19153
866-993-8585
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
oh come on. pretty please correct the price, The damage is already done and your asset has been devalued. You try it on for size.................Time for an attorney. And of course report to the state licensing division.
Flag Sun Mar 23, 2014
Todd…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Have a conversation with your broker as soon as possible. Communication and trust between you and your listing agent is the foundation of your relationship and your agreement. Perhaps it was a mistake, but the longer you go on without addressing the issue the more uncomfortable the situation will become. If you and your listing agent can't come to terms, terminate the listing and seek the advise of another broker.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Jan 12, 2014
You don't, but you need to tell the agent to correct it, and if they won't, then tell the managing broker.